The 800 lb. Bantha in the room

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Diggles

Diggles

• Members
  • 324 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:10 AM

Fantasy Flight, please UPGRADE/UPDATE your forums.  They are the slowest forums I have ever been to (and I've been using forums online since the mid 90's).  Often times they dont respond or load pages at all.  Ocassionally half a page gets loaded.  It takes far to long to do anything on your forums.

I am blown away at the attention to detail, the great art style and just extra effort you are putting into making a great product for the game/books.  However the forums do not currently represent your company positively.

-EoE Player, Part-time GM

#2 Shakespearian_Soldier

Shakespearian_Soldier

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:15 AM

I'm sorry to say that I concur. :(

"Beg for your life. No, doing so won't save you - but it will make your death more amusing to watch."
- Vago the Hutt; Star Wars: Edge of the Empire

#3 Aazlain

Aazlain

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:21 AM

Oh please do ! It's so slow and sometimes it fails completely to load pages. 

Love the company, hate the forum engine.

I'd take the time to browse the other forums for threads on this subject but… you know… slowy-slow-slow.

Homemade character sheet (v4) (One side for social interaction and one side for physical conflict - Work in progress)
EotE Symbols Font (Unofficial) and Character map

#4 El_Tonio

El_Tonio

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:36 AM

I agree. I came here for X-Wing, EotE, and the SW:LCG. It seems to have gotten worse over time as the games came out.  Does anyone else remember if it was like this before (I believe demand has been more than expected for the games, and I'm curious if it has made things worse on the forums, too). 

4 X-Wing  •  3 Y-Wing  •  2 A-Wing  •  2 YT-1300  •  4 B-Wing  •  2 HWK-290

8 TIE Fighter  •  2 TIE Advanced X1  •  5 TIE Interceptor  • 2 Firespray 31  •  6 TIE Bomber  •  2 Lambda Class Shuttle

#5 LethalDose

LethalDose

• Members
  • 747 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:05 AM

Diggles said:

Fantasy Flight, please UPGRADE/UPDATE your forums.  They are the slowest forums I have ever been to (and I've been using forums online since the mid 90's).  Often times they dont respond or load pages at all.  Ocassionally half a page gets loaded.  It takes far to long to do anything on your forums.

I am blown away at the attention to detail, the great art style and just extra effort you are putting into making a great product for the game/books.  However the forums do not currently represent your company positively.

-EoE Player, Part-time GM

+1

The forum software is abysmal.

-WJL

#6 Split Light

Split Light

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:38 AM

I must concur, the forum mechanics are terrible.  I usually have another window open so I can browse or work on something else while I wait for the page to load, or my comment to save.

#7 Doc, the Weasel

Doc, the Weasel

Pretending to be many, many things.

• Members
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:15 AM

El_Tonio said:

Does anyone else remember if it was like this before (I believe demand has been more than expected for the games, and I'm curious if it has made things worse on the forums, too). 

It was a bit shoddy before the SW announcement, but no where near as bad as now.

Listen to my actual play podcasts at BeggingForXP.com.

Take a look at my Talent Trees (updated to include Dangerous Covenants), as well as my other handouts.

#8 I. J. Thompson

I. J. Thompson

• Members
  • 775 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:04 AM

Split Light said:

I must concur, the forum mechanics are terrible.  I usually have another window open so I can browse or work on something else while I wait for the page to load, or my comment to save.

Me too. It's like a joke to me now: "Oh, I'm loading a page on the FFG forums; guess I'll go and make lunch while I wait…" :D

IV  V  VI  I  III  II

#9 Yepesnopes

Yepesnopes

• Members
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:40 PM

It has definitely gotten worse with time, but for some reason it also depends on the time of the day. At night in europe I hardly have a problem.

Please, guys (those from FFG I mean) take care of your services, in this case the forums.

Yepes

The Book of the Asur - High Elf fan supplement

The Dark Side - Witches, Warlocks, Dark Magic and more

Secrets of the Anvil - Advanced Dwarf careers and runes

Dice statistics calculator for SW EotE

#10 Kallabecca

Kallabecca

• Members
  • 685 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:57 PM

http://www.fantasyfl...=2&efidt=776042

#11 Lord of Malice

Lord of Malice

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:33 PM

I would say that FFG's whole site has some serious performance issues. Though it was not this bad a few months ago. 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS