wtf is up with allocations of only 2

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Karon

Karon

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:54 PM

So my local gamestore finally got their wave 2 figures in but they got allocated 2 of each of them. I ordered more than that of both a wings and squints. I am kinda annoyed because I don't know when I will be able to get my squints or a wings ATM. This is kind of annoying honestly. I ordered them and he cant get them.

#2 executor

executor

• Members
  • 482 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:33 PM

Karon said:

So my local gamestore finally got their wave 2 figures in but they got allocated 2 of each of them. I ordered more than that of both a wings and squints. I am kinda annoyed because I don't know when I will be able to get my squints or a wings ATM. This is kind of annoying honestly. I ordered them and he cant get them.

sorry to hear it, everywhere i've seen so far have got lots of stuff in for the preoders and a good handful of everything else as well and it's still flying off the shelves

maybe your local game store owner/manager sent his order in late? and got shorted because of it…

Current Fleet

Rebellion: 5 X-wings, 4 Y-wings, 5 A-wings, 3 B-wings, 1 HWK-290, 2 YT-1300's, 2 E-wings, 1 Z-95, 1 Rebel Transport, 1 CR-90

Empire: 8 Tie Fighters, 2 Tie Advanced, 9 Tie Interceptors, 3 Tie Bombers, 1 Lambda Shuttle, 3 Firespray 31's, 2 Tie Phantoms, 2 Tie Defenders

#3 Karon

Karon

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:18 PM

I know he ordered 8 of each months ago and was told that they were allocating 2 each (not sure who that was supposed to apply to) it kinda frustrates me because the other half and I have been excited to play with the new stuff. I'm very disappointed in this. Nowhere in town even has anything at all except the core at target. I know I live in Montana where the rest of the worlds tries to ignore but this is recockulous

#4 executor

executor

• Members
  • 482 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:43 PM

sorry to hear it.. have you tried barnes and nobel? they generally sell expansions as well as cores

also just keep your eye out daily on game and miniatures websites for stock

Current Fleet

Rebellion: 5 X-wings, 4 Y-wings, 5 A-wings, 3 B-wings, 1 HWK-290, 2 YT-1300's, 2 E-wings, 1 Z-95, 1 Rebel Transport, 1 CR-90

Empire: 8 Tie Fighters, 2 Tie Advanced, 9 Tie Interceptors, 3 Tie Bombers, 1 Lambda Shuttle, 3 Firespray 31's, 2 Tie Phantoms, 2 Tie Defenders

#5 Plexi

Plexi

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:52 PM

I feel your pain man, I used to live in Bozeman. It was always a nightmare trying to get the next new thing before it sold out in seconds or was severely undershipped. I would say that, as much as it pains me to take business away from a brick and mortar store, you might want to try some of the online retailers. Honestly I'm just amazed that you can find enough people to get games up, congrats on that alone.

#6 GrandMoffMatt

GrandMoffMatt

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:39 AM

I'm actually interviewing for work in North Dakota, and the gaming scene has been a large concern for me.  I know those states have much, much lower population per square mile than where I currently reside.  I hope that I can find some shops somewhere to keep playing.

#7 Juanflaco

Juanflaco

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:56 AM

Karon said:

I know he ordered 8 of each months ago and was told that they were allocating 2 each (not sure who that was supposed to apply to) it kinda frustrates me because the other half and I have been excited to play with the new stuff. I'm very disappointed in this. Nowhere in town even has anything at all except the core at target. I know I live in Montana where the rest of the worlds tries to ignore but this is recockulous

Hmmm. I'm in Great Falls and it hasn't been too bad. I was nervous because I didn't have gaming funds freed up at first, but I've seen several restocks since wave 2 dropped. In fact I just bought an A-Wing for my daughter on Friday - it was the last one but they were expecting more that same afternoon. My only problem is finding time to play - FLGS has a Star Wars night every Thursday which I've been unable to make even once in the few weeks I've owned the game :(

#8 jetsetter

jetsetter

• Members
  • 627 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:07 AM

Juanflaco said:

Karon said:

Hmmm. I'm in Great Falls and it hasn't been too bad. I was nervous because I didn't have gaming funds freed up at first, but I've seen several restocks since wave 2 dropped. In fact I just bought an A-Wing for my daughter on Friday - it was the last one but they were expecting more that same afternoon. My only problem is finding time to play - FLGS has a Star Wars night every Thursday which I've been unable to make even once in the few weeks I've owned the game :(

Play against your daughter at home?! Built in opponent!

#9 Juanflaco

Juanflaco

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:28 AM

jetsetter said:

Juanflaco said:

Karon said:

Play against your daughter at home?! Built in opponent!

Oh we definitely have fun, but the A-Wing was a 7th birthday gift and I'm pleased to say I'm ready for a little bit more advanced level of play ;)

#10 DoubleNot7

DoubleNot7

• Members
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:13 AM

Allocated 2?  Never heard that before.  Every store I kniow of received more than that.  Well, some did get none but that was their fault for not ordering before wave 2 shipped and already sold out!  My LGS only got 1/3 their order of the smaller vessels and still got way more than that.  I picked up 9 of each, but the excess is going to a few friends who missed the boat.

Enimo Et Fide

#11 cerosoul

cerosoul

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:32 AM

My local shop got a bunch of wave two ships and sold most of them out in a day. Now they are sitting on a bunch of tie and tie advanced. It could be the distributor putting a limit on what your store could order.

#12 Karon

Karon

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:09 PM

I went to both of the game stores in town. One I know the owner well and he got allocated 2. The other one I checked Friday, Saturday, Monday and he has some on order but he hasn't gotten them yet. Plenty of YT-1300 and firesprays if I wanted but none of the fighters. I just am annoyed that the ordered quantities weren't filled. If it is popular and sells out I actually consider that a positive. I just wish I had what I ordered months ago when everyone was playing the event and I was just learning the game still.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS