Whats Next? Anyone Know?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 Horseshoe068

Horseshoe068

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:24 PM

Just wondering if anyone has read or heard of when or what Wave 3 will include and how long? Always on the look out for more things to collect lol. Looking forward to playing some tournaments soon.

#2 Pygon

Pygon

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:39 PM

I'm guessing not much will be revealed until GenCon.  I'll be watching though!

Core/Wave 1: 4 X-Wings, 3 Y-Wings, 8 TIE Fighters, 3 TIE Advanceds; Wave 2: 2 YT-1300s, 3 A-Wings, 2 Firesprays, 3 TIE Interceptors

Wave 3: 3 B-Wings, 3 TIE Bombers, 3 HWK-290s, 2 Lambda Shuttles; Imperial Aces: 2 Royal Guard Interceptors, 2 Elite Interceptors

Huge ships: 1 Tantive IV, 2 Transports, 2 alternate X-Wings

Wave 4: 3 E-Wings, 6 Z95s, 3 TIE Defenders, 3 TIE Phantoms

#3 DingusFett

DingusFett

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:22 PM

Almost a guarantee to have TIE Bomber and B-Wing I'd guess, apart from that maybe Z-95, but don't know what else for the Imperials really.

#4 Harleequin

Harleequin

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:48 PM

Rumors have it Wave 3 will contain upgrade cards. That being said I believe they will maybe only release the TIE bomber and B-wing with wave 3, and hopefully a senators shuttle, proximity mine, and astroid models, just for giggles.

#5 Gullwind

Gullwind

• Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:09 PM

I could see a Lambda shuttle as an additional "large ship", but I don't know what the corresponding Rebel ship might be. Maybe a YT-2400?

#6 Punishstone

Punishstone

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:15 PM

B-Wing and Bomber are pretty much given. I wouldn't be surprised if a Death Star type turret ends up in Wave 3.  I really hope FFG doesn't add the Headhunter; it's old and inferior to the X- Wing.

#7 BigDogg

BigDogg

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:42 PM

Punishstone said:

B-Wing and Bomber are pretty much given. I wouldn't be surprised if a Death Star type turret ends up in Wave 3.  I really hope FFG doesn't add the Headhunter; it's old and inferior to the X- Wing.

I like the first two…there almost a given. Gun tower would be fantastic and T-4 Shuttle…could be both Imperial and Rebel. The Headhunter at this point would disappoint me but later would be fine.

• Rebels: 5 X-wing, 3 Y-wing, 3 A-wing, 3 B-wing, 2 Hawk 290 and  a YT-1300
  • Imperial: 9 Tie fighters, 3 Advanced, 3 Interceoters, 2 Bombers, a Shuttle and Firspray 31

#8 plokoon9619

plokoon9619

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:42 PM

Punishstone said:

You don't want the Z-95 because its old and inferior? Okay lets remove the Y-wing, Firespray, and YT-1300 since all these ships are inferior and old compared to the modern starfighters. 

The Z-95 easily can fill a role of a cheap fighter with shields and missiles that the Rebels can use and its also one of the most recongizable EU fighters of all time alongside the Tie Defender, and YT-2400.

#9 DingusFett

DingusFett

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:43 PM

One option for a second Wave 3 Imperial ship I thought of would be the Chiss Clawcraft, though I don't know how well that would fit in with the timeline, or if different enough from the TIE Interceptor to be worth it.

#10 hothie

hothie

• Members
  • 845 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:01 AM

The only concrete "rumor" I've seen is the card art for the Homing Missiles card.

#11 gabriel69

gabriel69

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:10 AM

I would gess for Tie-bombers, B-wings and a new starter for battle of Hoth, with 2 Speeders 1 AT-AT and tokens for AT-STs and Turrets, and rules for air to ground combat.

"I encounter civilians like you all the time. You believe the Empire is continually plotting to do harm. Let me tell you, your view of the Empire is far too dramatic. The Empire is a government. It keeps billions of beings fed and clothed. Day after day, year after year, on thousands of worlds, people live their lives under Imperial rule without seeing a stormtrooper or hearing a TIE fighter scream overhead."
―Captain Thrawn

#12 Boomer_J

Boomer_J

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:53 AM

gabriel69 said:

a new starter for battle of Hoth, with 2 Speeders 1 AT-AT and tokens for AT-STs and Turrets, and rules for air to ground combat.

I love this Idea but would love to see models Instead of tokens for the AT-STs and Turrets.

#13 kay_dawg

kay_dawg

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:37 AM

Since B Wing and Tie Bomber seem to be the selection for most players to see in Wave 3.

I'm going to add Dash Rendar's Outrunner to the list, but since it would be a large bases ship, I doubt it would make the cut.

#14 Punishstone

Punishstone

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:32 PM

plokoon9619 said:

Punishstone said:

You don't want the Z-95 because its old and inferior? Okay lets remove the Y-wing, Firespray, and YT-1300 since all these ships are inferior and old compared to the modern starfighters. 

The Z-95 easily can fill a role of a cheap fighter with shields and missiles that the Rebels can use and its also one of the most recongizable EU fighters of all time alongside the Tie Defender, and YT-2400.

Yeah but theres no minis for these "modern starfighters" while there is a X-Wing mini.  I don't want a z95 mini when the superior X-Wing mini exists.

#15 Grimwalker

Grimwalker

• Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:04 PM

With their RPG debuting with Edge Of The Empire, and the LCG about to get "Scum & Villainy"/"Smugglers and Spies," it wouldn't surprise me if they added a Neutral faction at some point. 

It's all just farts in an airlock until they announce something though.

#16 pipboy101

pipboy101

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:51 PM

I would love to see a TIE Defender or the Assualt Missile Boat.

#17 gabriel69

gabriel69

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:40 AM

Grimwalker said:

With their RPG debuting with Edge Of The Empire, and the LCG about to get "Scum & Villainy"/"Smugglers and Spies," it wouldn't surprise me if they added a Neutral faction at some point. 

It's all just farts in an airlock until they announce something though.

well the Lambda should be neutral

"I encounter civilians like you all the time. You believe the Empire is continually plotting to do harm. Let me tell you, your view of the Empire is far too dramatic. The Empire is a government. It keeps billions of beings fed and clothed. Day after day, year after year, on thousands of worlds, people live their lives under Imperial rule without seeing a stormtrooper or hearing a TIE fighter scream overhead."
―Captain Thrawn

#18 R5Don4

R5Don4

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:09 AM

Rumour has it Wave 3 has been playtested for a while now.  FFG uses a group of about 70 playtesters who are more or less part of the general public, so the info is out there but they are not talking.

Great forum http://www.afewmaneuvers.com/index

Looking for a game in the Greater Toronto Area?  We can hook you up https://www.facebook...ups/6738327518/

#19 Macnme

Macnme

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:42 AM

You know what I want to see?

A mission book.

Just like 10/15/20 official mission scenarios to add a bit of extra flavour to a points battle. Or even an extended campaign.

Especially if it had a Descent 2ed style mission structure that changed based on Rebel/Imperial victory.

Release a few of them that each tell an epic story in the Star Wars Universe (could add mission specific tokens to make it feel like your not just buying a book - but actually getting extra game components).

I know I would buy them… don't FFG like money? 

Please TAKE MY MONEY!!!reir

#20 I. J. Thompson

I. J. Thompson

• Members
  • 922 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:09 AM

There's certainly a wealth of ships from the X-Wing and TIE Fighter games that would geek me out to have in physical form, and would almost certainly necessitate a neutral faction (I'd hoped the Slave I would debut that faction, but alas). However, it's hard to predict if the general public would want to buy any of those ships.

But: are any X-Wing players actually part of this 'general public', or are we all geeks like me? reir

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS