Photo

Ruler measurement, closest point when ship base edges are parallel?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Pygon

Pygon

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:17 PM

I poked around the rules forum, even tried the search function (which just spun for me) and didn't see this discussed, so apologies if I'm asking an addressed question.

When two ship bases don't have parallel edges (that is, the bases are turned so that one corner of a base is clearly the closest point to the other base), it's pretty obvious where you should place the ruler for measuring distance and determining if the shot is obstructed by an object like an asteroid.

However, if two ship base edges are parallel (that is, there are multiple closest points since the two edges are parallel), how do you decide where to place the ruler to determine if it is obstructed by an asteroid?

Thanks for any linkies or clarification.

Core/Wave 1: 4 X-Wings, 3 Y-Wings, 8 TIE Fighters, 3 TIE Advanceds; Wave 2: 2 YT-1300s, 3 A-Wings, 2 Firesprays, 3 TIE Interceptors

Wave 3: 3 B-Wings, 3 TIE Bombers, 3 HWK-290s, 2 Lambda Shuttles; Imperial Aces: 2 Royal Guard Interceptors, 2 Elite Interceptors

Huge ships: 1 Tantive IV, 2 Transports, 2 alternate X-Wings; Rebel Aces: 1 prototype A-Wing, 1 Elite B-Wing

Wave 4: 3 E-Wings, 6 Z95s, 3 TIE Defenders, 3 TIE Phantoms

#2 Sunsteel

Sunsteel

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:01 PM

If the edges are parallel, then any place along the edges is acceptable, so long as your opponent agrees. If not you could check multiple edges.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS