Jump to content



Photo

Vader Bounty


  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 executor

executor

    Member

  • Members
  • 482 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:55 PM

so I just got thinking about an interesting list that I may or may not try out tonight at my LGS, but it should prove interesting anyways

99 pts
Vader (29) + Expose (4)
Bounty Hunter (33) x2

this is just a theory craft but this list should be a difficult one to kill, with the amount of hit points and how difficult it already is to kill Vader
of course you don't just go in head first with Vader and Expose him.. that would be suicide but you use his actions to keep him alive and shooting and use expose when the opportunity arrises… and you should be get a few of them if you're doing it right and your opponent isn't gunning for him non stop.. but then either way, the bounty hunters will be destroying your opponent anyways

Clean, Simple and to the point with easy playability


Current Fleet

Rebellion: 5 X-wings, 4 Y-wings, 5 A-wings, 3 B-wings, 1 HWK-290, 2 YT-1300's, 2 E-wings, 1 Z-95, 1 Rebel Transport, 1 CR-90

Empire: 8 Tie Fighters, 2 Tie Advanced, 9 Tie Interceptors, 3 Tie Bombers, 1 Lambda Shuttle, 3 Firespray 31's, 2 Tie Phantoms, 2 Tie Defenders


#2 DeadInkPen

DeadInkPen

    Member

  • Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:07 PM

Close to what I am doing with two Bounty Hunters. Instead of Vader I am using Turr with PtL and one of the Bounty Hunters has a gunner for a total of 99 points. 



#3 executor

executor

    Member

  • Members
  • 482 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:22 PM

DeadInkPen said:

 

Close to what I am doing with two Bounty Hunters. Instead of Vader I am using Turr with PtL and one of the Bounty Hunters has a gunner for a total of 99 points. 

 

 

 

i think i actually like yours better, also now i'm thinking i might just drop one of the bounty hunters for Turr with PtL and keep vader and give vader engine upgrade.. but what to do with the last 2 pts…

*edit* maybe a seismic charge?


Current Fleet

Rebellion: 5 X-wings, 4 Y-wings, 5 A-wings, 3 B-wings, 1 HWK-290, 2 YT-1300's, 2 E-wings, 1 Z-95, 1 Rebel Transport, 1 CR-90

Empire: 8 Tie Fighters, 2 Tie Advanced, 9 Tie Interceptors, 3 Tie Bombers, 1 Lambda Shuttle, 3 Firespray 31's, 2 Tie Phantoms, 2 Tie Defenders


#4 Duraham

Duraham

    Member

  • Members
  • 903 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:22 AM

instead of expose, why not consider engine upgrade instead? the boost action would allow Vader to get around the map to support whichever Firespray that needs it the most, and can also use it to better position himself.



#5 Ismar

Ismar

    Member

  • Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:31 AM

DeadInkPen said:

Close to what I am doing with two Bounty Hunters. Instead of Vader I am using Turr with PtL and one of the Bounty Hunters has a gunner for a total of 99 points. 

Just curious how PtL is advantageous on Turr.  His ability allows you to perform a free boost or barrel roll action after an attack, but PtL gives you a stress token, which nullifies this.  I've been reading several posts where people combine PtL with Turr, more than any other pilot except Tycho.

Thanks,



#6 DeadInkPen

DeadInkPen

    Member

  • Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:25 AM

Ismar said:

Just curious how PtL is advantageous on Turr.  His ability allows you to perform a free boost or barrel roll action after an attack, but PtL gives you a stress token, which nullifies this.  I've been reading several posts where people combine PtL with Turr, more than any other pilot except Tycho.

Thanks,

Its mainly about options. I have used PtL to avoid being in fire arcs of ships with higher PS then Turr and still keep them in mine. A ship that cannot be fired upon has a 100% chance of survival for that combat engagement. Add in all the green manuevers that there are on the interceptors and that stress token isn't that bad of a thing really, since it can be shaken off so easily. 



#7 executor

executor

    Member

  • Members
  • 482 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:51 AM

Ismar said:

DeadInkPen said:

 

Close to what I am doing with two Bounty Hunters. Instead of Vader I am using Turr with PtL and one of the Bounty Hunters has a gunner for a total of 99 points. 

 

 

Just curious how PtL is advantageous on Turr.  His ability allows you to perform a free boost or barrel roll action after an attack, but PtL gives you a stress token, which nullifies this.  I've been reading several posts where people combine PtL with Turr, more than any other pilot except Tycho.

Thanks,

 

i take it you've never seen it in action?

a buddy of mine used him the other night, move up into close range 1 of a ship, focus for action.. fire's at the ship, does a free barrel roll and then uses PtL to boost out of the firing arc of the ship you just shot at.. it's stupid powerful


Current Fleet

Rebellion: 5 X-wings, 4 Y-wings, 5 A-wings, 3 B-wings, 1 HWK-290, 2 YT-1300's, 2 E-wings, 1 Z-95, 1 Rebel Transport, 1 CR-90

Empire: 8 Tie Fighters, 2 Tie Advanced, 9 Tie Interceptors, 3 Tie Bombers, 1 Lambda Shuttle, 3 Firespray 31's, 2 Tie Phantoms, 2 Tie Defenders


#8 Endgame124

Endgame124

    Member

  • Members
  • 307 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:56 AM

executor said:

i take it you've never seen it in action?

a buddy of mine used him the other night, move up into close range 1 of a ship, focus for action.. fire's at the ship, does a free barrel roll and then uses PtL to boost out of the firing arc of the ship you just shot at.. it's stupid powerful

It doesn't work like that (at least as far as I understand it).

Move, take action(s), fire, barrel roll or boost, so you can't use push the limits after you've fired.

Additional Caveats

1) You can't take the same action more than once per turn.  As such you can't barrel roll as your action, shoot, and barrel roll again with Turr.

2) You can't take actions if you have stress.  So if you push the limits, you can't take Turr's free action.



#9 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

    Member

  • Members
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:05 AM

Endgame124 said:

executor said:

 

i take it you've never seen it in action?

a buddy of mine used him the other night, move up into close range 1 of a ship, focus for action.. fire's at the ship, does a free barrel roll and then uses PtL to boost out of the firing arc of the ship you just shot at.. it's stupid powerful

 

 

It doesn't work like that (at least as far as I understand it).

Move, take action(s), fire, barrel roll or boost, so you can't use push the limits after you've fired.

Additional Caveats

1) You can't take the same action more than once per turn.  As such you can't barrel roll as your action, shoot, and barrel roll again with Turr.

2) You can't take actions if you have stress.  So if you push the limits, you can't take Turr's free action.

Push the Limit allows you to take a free action after performing an action.  Using Turr it can look like this:

1. Does his manuever and takes a focus action.

2. Attacks, get's a free boost action or barrel roll action with his ability.

3. As he just performed an action, he can now use PtL for another free action.



#10 hothie

hothie

    Member

  • Members
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:40 PM

Endgame124 said:

 

executor said:

 

i take it you've never seen it in action?

a buddy of mine used him the other night, move up into close range 1 of a ship, focus for action.. fire's at the ship, does a free barrel roll and then uses PtL to boost out of the firing arc of the ship you just shot at.. it's stupid powerful

 

 

It doesn't work like that

 

 

According to the cards, yes it can:

Push the Limit: Once per round, after you perform an action, you may perform 1 free action shown in your action bar. Then receive a stress token.

Turr Phennir: After you perform an attack, you may perform a free boost or barrel roll action

 

The free boost/barrel roll after attacking counts as performing an action, which will then trigger PtL. You are correct in the not performing the same action twice in a round, so during Turr's "Perform Action" step, he can't have done the same action that he plans on doing after attacking, but the way Executor described the interactions is correct.. And he's also correct about the stupid powerful part…:P

You are also correct about the not performing actions while stressed. So Turr performs an acion during his Perform Aciton step, attacks, does his free action, does another free action shown in his action bar using PtL, then receives a stress token. Next round, execute green maneuver, rinse and repeat.


The thread for my Let em Fly campaign. Always looking for military overseas addresses to send packages to.

http://community.fan...ort-our-troops/

#11 Ismar

Ismar

    Member

  • Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:39 PM

I wasn't thinking about using PtL after the attack-action, only focussed on after the action-action.  And that makes sense with the volume of green maneuvers on the TIE Ints as well.

Thanks for the enlightenment.

Don






© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS