Multiple ships caught in proximity bomb placement

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Majeh

Majeh

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:04 PM

When you drop the proximity bomb and the aoe covers multiple ships (can fit like 4 fighter bases), when it explodes when one of them moves. Does the blast also catch the other models in the aoe and roll damage for each one?

I had this happen once with my firespray driving just pass a collision of enemy fighters and I stumped our main x-wing person with it.

#2 Buhallin

Buhallin

• Members
  • 3,050 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:09 PM

There's no blast radius on a Proximity Mine.  The ship that triggers it takes the hit, then it is discarded.  If the mine ends up under multiple ships, then the first one to meet the conditions (almost certainly maneuver template overlap in this case) will trigger the mine, and then the others will be fine.

#3 Bazinga

Bazinga

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:02 AM

What determines if it's a hit with mines? Do you role the dice or is it pr determined damage?

Slave 1 still on order 

#4 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,410 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:50 AM

Bazinga said:

What determines if it's a hit with mines? Do you role the dice or is it pr determined damage?

Slave 1 still on order 

It is never a "hit" with mines. To determine damage, refer to the rules card that comes with Slave I. They work differently.

#5 ziggy2000

ziggy2000

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:49 AM

Bazinga said:

Slave 1 still on order 

Since your Slave is still on order you do not have the sheet to refer to, so I'll elaborate.

As dbmeboy said, technically it is not a "hit" since a hit can only occur during an attack by another ship. So damage suffered from a mine will not, for example, remove a Stealth Device.

Prox mines detonate when a movement template or a ship base at the end of movement overlaps the mine token (much like asteroid tokens). When this happens, the player rolls three attack dice, and suffers any [hit] and [critical hit] damage that is rolled. There is no evading.

In reference to the OP, the first ship that triggers the detonation will suffer the damage, no other ships are affected.

#6 Bazinga

Bazinga

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:24 PM

Thanks slave 1 arrived yesturday looks awesome. 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS