• 3,000 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:14 AM

http://www.fantasyfl...s.asp?eidn=4004

#2 SirSmokeALot

SirSmokeALot

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:26 AM

really can't wait 4 the release! …time will drag…??

#3 daedalusaf

daedalusaf

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:24 AM

FFG can just take my money for the rest of eternity!

This, and Star Wars LCG…I will be a broke man indeed

#4 Darkjawa

Darkjawa

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:31 PM

I am in exactly the same boat

#5 KingOfOdonata

KingOfOdonata

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:19 PM

This expansion just looks incredible. So many interesting design spaces being tapped. I already am a huge fan of the Shaper and this is just going to blow the roof off of them.

#6 Lord Jure

Lord Jure

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:34 PM

Whoa, whoa… WHOA.

HB and Shaper are getting some serious boost there. These look amazing. I seriously can't wait to see some of those in play. It's really nice to finally see Director Hass getting some love in form of a card… or two. We finally get some 5 influence cards. That Escher looks unbeliveable. And did I heard this right… 6 new identities? I am so pumped right now.

#7 Paddosan

Paddosan

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:34 PM

Loving the cards, of course, but not the idea of a deluxe dedicated to just 2 of the 7 factions.
With 3 new identities each, I guess we'll see plenty of Shapers and Haas-Bioroid decks afterwards… and if AGoT is an example, it'll take a lot of time to have deluxes covering each faction.

#8 Messenger

Messenger

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:01 PM

Crims, NBN and Weyland are (probably) going to get their new IDs in the next 3 data packs and before this is released. However, I do wish those IDs had gotten previewed before this one's announcement, especially where HB and Shapers are getting 3 new IDs each.

On the other hand, I now find myself tempted to switch away from Crims to Shapers more and more. First, there was Chaos Theory with Dinosaurus, now there's Kit and her early game potential.

#9 Bomoo

Bomoo

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:10 PM

This is the LCG expansion format I'd been wishing they would do in place of the, in my opinion, logistically clunky 60 card tuck boxes. Very pleased with this deluxe expansion idea and hoping this is only the first in a series.

#10 Evazorek

Evazorek

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:34 PM

This looks fantastic! Some great cards coming and more options for deck building. Kind of feel bad that it's shaper and HB when there are other factions on either side of the game table that need some card love. Very excited for this though some beautiful cards.

#11 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,000 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:56 AM

Bomoo said:

This is the LCG expansion format I'd been wishing they would do in place of the, in my opinion, logistically clunky 60 card tuck boxes. Very pleased with this deluxe expansion idea and hoping this is only the first in a series.

To be clear all of the LCGs had deluxe expansions in the past and still also had the monthly packs so this does not necessarily mean that Netrunner is changing to the newer distribution model used with Cthulhu and Warhammer Invasion. Those games are the least popular LCGs whereas Netrunner is right up there with A Game of Thrones.

#12 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,000 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:57 AM

Messenger said:

Crims, NBN and Weyland are (probably) going to get their new IDs in the next 3 data packs and before this is released.

Criminals is in Aprils pack. This month is likely Weyland and NBN in pack 6.

#13 Darkjawa

Darkjawa

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:02 AM

Well it only seems that there will be more of these to keep game balance for the other factions. The big question on my mind is, how far in between will they release them?

#14 profligate

profligate

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:14 AM

Toqtamish said:

Criminals is in Aprils pack. This month is likely Weyland and NBN in pack 6.

Just to pick nits, I'm predicting NBN in March and Weyland in pack 6.  (The blurb about A Study In Static talks about time and manipulating it, which seems very fast-advance to me, hence NBN.  And the pack 6 blurb talks about "meat resources" which suggest Weyland.)  Unless you've got some insider information? ;)

#15 DocH

DocH

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:06 PM

Are the Shapers a female only faction?  Can we get a Male Shaper at some point?

#16 Rince

Rince

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:22 PM

While I am increadibly happy to see this expansion, I cannot help but wonder about the other. left-out factions.

If the other LCGs are any indication, we will see 6 data pack and 1 deluxe expansion per year for Netrunner, which would mean it will take around 4 years before all the factions get the same amount of cards and attention as these first two. I'm just afraid this will result in the game becoming unbalaced; not necessarily game mechnics-wise but by everyone playing with the same few factions simply because those offer the best variety.

But, of course I cannot see the future; I was just thinking…

#17 Saturnine

Saturnine

• Members
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:03 PM

DocH said:

Are the Shapers a female only faction?  Can we get a Male Shaper at some point?

Going by the illustrations on Creation and Control's "About" page, the other two runners will be male.

#18 Bomoo

Bomoo

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:23 PM

Toqtamish said:

Bomoo said:

To be clear all of the LCGs had deluxe expansions in the past and still also had the monthly packs so this does not necessarily mean that Netrunner is changing to the newer distribution model used with Cthulhu and Warhammer Invasion. Those games are the least popular LCGs whereas Netrunner is right up there with A Game of Thrones.

Oh, gotcha. Kind of new to this hobby so I wasn't aware of the other LCGs having deluxe expansions as well. Let me ask: do you think there's a chance of them bundling the entire genesis cycle into one retail set when they've all been released? Is there precedent for something like this with the other LCGs?

#19 Kaijudo

Kaijudo

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:23 AM

So is this Delux edtion is coming out in June?

#20 Saturnine

Saturnine

• Members
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:43 AM

Bomoo said:

Let me ask: do you think there's a chance of them bundling the entire genesis cycle into one retail set when they've all been released? Is there precedent for something like this with the other LCGs?

They haven't done anything like this for any of the other LCGs, so I'm confident they won't do it for this one.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS