Leo Anderson vs Rhan Tegoth bug

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Nidhögg

Nidhögg

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:05 AM

Today when I played a Final Battle against Rhan-Tegoth I discovered that if you have Leo in the team you can't lose.

Leo's ability to prevent one stamina loss makes your investigators to never lose that last stamina, which means you'll win as long as at least one investigator is able to hurt the AO.

Have someone else discovered this bug or am I the first one? ;)

#2 Nidhögg

Nidhögg

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:12 AM

Forget it, I found out about the "extra rules" covering this…

#3 Tibs

Tibs

• Members
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:24 AM

For any who do not yet know the answer: stamina loss from Rhan's attack cannot be reduced or prevented in any way.

Before Innsmouth was even released, fans noticed that Michael McGlen could loophole Rhan (who was the AO to be previewed at the time).

#4 Dr.Faust

Dr.Faust

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:45 PM

Rhanny seems to me to be like--one of those weird AOs (though, I know since this is Lovecraft weird is definitely relative). There seems to be a good many simple means of taking him down, especially if you have blessings and things that let you re-roll dice like clues and Amanda's ability.

#5 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,394 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:40 PM

Dr.Faust said:

and Amanda's ability.

You mean Mandy, right?

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#6 Nidhögg

Nidhögg

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:34 AM

Dr.Faust said:

Rhanny seems to me to be like--one of those weird AOs (though, I know since this is Lovecraft weird is definitely relative). There seems to be a good many simple means of taking him down, especially if you have blessings and things that let you re-roll dice like clues and Amanda's ability.

I don't think you can use clues to re-roll his lifedraining attack. As I read it you can only use clues on skill checks, or am I wrong?

#7 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,394 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:10 AM

Nidhögg said:

I don't think you can use clues to re-roll his lifedraining attack. As I read it you can only use clues on skill checks, or am I wrong?

Nope, you're right. I think Dr.F refered to ways to have your attacks more effective; clues add dice to skill checks, allowing you extra dice to roll, not to reroll dice already rolled (so, technically, there is no max cap, hence the suggested KW clue-per-seal rule to apply during FB)

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]

#8 Dr.Faust

Dr.Faust

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:15 AM

Lol, yeah, I meant Mandy. XD Sorry, my friends and I mostly remember her as the 'bent-over dame' because of how open her shirt is for a girl that is just doing simple research in the 1920s.

#9 Dr.Faust

Dr.Faust

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:16 AM

Though, if you got lucky and kept damage to a minimum, you could have the doctor patch folks up on his turn and hope for the best.

#10 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,394 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:24 AM

Dr.Faust said:

Lol, yeah, I meant Mandy. XD Sorry, my friends and I mostly remember her as the 'bent-over dame' because of how open her shirt is for a girl that is just doing simple research in the 1920s.

and CLEARLY the time setting is the upsetting element, not the cleavage, uh? ::laughter::

#11 eiterorm

eiterorm

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:40 PM

Julia said:

and CLEARLY the time setting is the upsetting element, not the cleavage, uh? ::laughter::

What's wrong with cleavage? And I would indeed say that the time setting is crucial. ;-]

#12 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,394 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:37 PM

eiterorm said:

What's wrong with cleavage? And I would indeed say that the time setting is crucial. ;-]

::laughter:: there's nothing wrong with cleavage (especially that cleavage), I was just laughing because during the years, several similar comments were done by different forumites, that's it

The picture is cool :-)  and it's interesting to see how people are so desperate that they destroy a planet to see a piece of thighs more ::devil::

#13 eiterorm

eiterorm

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 03:01 AM

Julia said:

(especially that cleavage)

#14 Judgement Dave

Judgement Dave

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:54 AM

Dr.Faust said:

Dr.Faust said:

Though, if you got lucky and kept damage to a minimum, you could have the doctor patch folks up on his turn and hope for the best.

Damaging cleavage?

Yikes! That should get +1 combat. 

#15 mentorius

mentorius

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:41 AM

Nidhögg said:

I dont find this clarification in any of the faqs… where is it?

#16 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,394 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:26 PM

mentorius said:

Nidhögg said:

from the "Official Answer by Kevin Wilson" sticky thread, pag 2, reply 16 (here)

"Stamina loss inflicted by Rhan-Tegoth's attack cannot be prevented or reduced by any means."

-Kevin Wilson
Fantasy Flight Games

#17 mentorius

mentorius

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:41 PM

Julia said:

mentorius said:

Nidhögg said:

from the "Official Answer by Kevin Wilson" sticky thread, pag 2, reply 16 (here)

"Stamina loss inflicted by Rhan-Tegoth's attack cannot be prevented or reduced by any means."

-Kevin Wilson
Fantasy Flight Games

finally!!!! thanks… didn't know about that thread!

I don't understand why they don't include ALL these clarifications in the final faq 2.0  :/

#18 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,394 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:10 PM

mentorius said:

finally!!!! thanks… didn't know about that thread!

I don't understand why they don't include ALL these clarifications in the final faq 2.0  :/

:) I guess it's not the only thing that slipped through their fingers… but still. The FAQ wasn't an easy task to accomplish, so I guess it's normal if something was forgotten

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS