• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 silenceindigo

silenceindigo

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 04:33 PM

Hello everyone,

The gorgeous visual style and sinister thematic content of ANDROID, as presented by the teaser trailer, is very reminiscent of Serbian comic artist Enki Bilal's NIKOPOL and HATZFELD series and others of the genre. (http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Enki_Bilal) Likewise, the teaser's voice and tone was reminescent of the earliest trailer for the I AM LEGEND movie about the jailbreak.

I wonder if this thematic influence (far-future cyberpunk, I would dare say) has had a deliberate influence or if it is just coincidence?

Cheers for the whole FFG tearm! Great work for making art out of games, I look forward to buying ANDROID as soon as it's released and I hope to see more theme-intensive games in the future...

#2 Greekgeek

Greekgeek

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 10:27 PM

Well I really like Bilal, but Android doesn't remind me of him really.  Bilal's collors are fluid and "leak" out of their boundaries.

Apart from the cyberpunk think I don't think they have anything similar.

Go read the Nikopol Trilogy and the Hatzfeld Tetralogy. They are great comics and deeply political ones.

#3 jogo

jogo

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 05:56 AM

I didn't read Hatzfeld, but I don't see much connection form Nikopol to Android. Much more Bladerunner.

#4 silenceindigo

silenceindigo

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 02:06 PM

I can't wait to get my hands on this one...

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS