Release Date and Crossover Question

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Shakespearian_Soldier

Shakespearian_Soldier

• Members
  • 907 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:52 AM

Apologies if either of the following have already been answered elsewhere - being away with my unit, I've not been able to keep up-to-date with the forums post-beta. :(

My first question is this: do we have a release date for the core rulebook yet? :) I'm more than ready to get mine ordered, but every time I check back on the site it stills says that it's not yet available. 

Secondly, I was wondering: how easy do we think it'll be to carry a character from one rulebook to the next? For example, say you make a character for EotE that you really enjoy playing, and then FFG releases AoR - will it be possible for you to carry him over (which would be okay in theory, given that the systems are supposed to be identical or compatible), or would some tweaking be required? How likely is it that your Force-Sensitive Exile will be able to find a teacher and begin gaining access to talents and powers from Force & Destiny?

"Beg for your life. No, doing so won't save you - but it will make your death more amusing to watch."
- Vago the Hutt; Star Wars: Edge of the Empire

#2 mouthymerc

mouthymerc

Not the member you are looking for!

• Members
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:13 AM

No release date as yet other than Spring. And yes the theory is that characters from all the core books should be able to work together. They want you to be able to cherry pick the aspects you like the best once they are all released.

People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell

#3 Jegergryte

Jegergryte

• Members
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:34 AM

Amazon.co.uk lists April 15th (although amazon.com hasn't even got it listed as a preorder last time I checked, but I could be wrong of course) - which fits with a rumoured April release mentioned elsewhere on these boards. Not that this is a definite date in my opinion, still it seems some people think April is likely. I hope so. Although it could be anywhere from April to June I guess.

When it comes to compatability between 3 planned games, I assume and hope for some compatability - they have mentioned that they should be, we'll just have to wait and see I guess :)

Make sure your brain is engaged, before putting your mouth into gear.

"What about the future...? We can only hope, we cannot however account for the minutiae of the quanta, as all accidents in an infinite space are inevitable."

GMLovlie's/Jegergryte's Cubicle direct link to supplements here.

#4 Shakespearian_Soldier

Shakespearian_Soldier

• Members
  • 907 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:18 AM

Thanks for the response. :) Here's hoping it is released quickly.

"Beg for your life. No, doing so won't save you - but it will make your death more amusing to watch."

#5 Merlin82

Merlin82

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:07 PM

I ordered the core book, GM's kit and dice from Amazon.co.uk a few days ago. Today I got an e-mail with a revised delivery date of 28th March - 8 April. Woot!

#6 Shakespearian_Soldier

Shakespearian_Soldier

• Members
  • 907 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:22 PM

They're available on Amazon, but not from this site? :S

#7 Jegergryte

Jegergryte

• Members
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:25 AM

Well, amazon could be just hoping, and lying. We'll know soon enough. I doubt I'm getting my pre-order before mid to end of April, regardless of Amazon's listed and estimated dispatch/delivery dates. Very much due to this site's information, but also because Amazon has been wrong about this before.

Make sure your brain is engaged, before putting your mouth into gear.

"What about the future...? We can only hope, we cannot however account for the minutiae of the quanta, as all accidents in an infinite space are inevitable."

GMLovlie's/Jegergryte's Cubicle direct link to supplements here.

#8 Shakespearian_Soldier

Shakespearian_Soldier

• Members
  • 907 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:11 AM

Ah that makes sense, though I'm always hopeful for an earlier release. :)

#9 salamar_dree

salamar_dree

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:21 PM

According to the "Upcoming" section of the FFG site, a product can be "At the Printer" (like SW: EotE is) for a few months.

It then moves to "On the Boat", which can take 4-6 weeks.

It then goes to "Shipping Now", which is 7-10 days for the U.S..

So, once it switches from "At the Printer" to "On the Boat" in the "Upcoming" section of the site, it will be at least 5 weeks.

I hope that helps!

#10 Shakespearian_Soldier

Shakespearian_Soldier

• Members
  • 907 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:57 PM

Yeah. :) That helps, thanks!

#11 salamar_dree

salamar_dree

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 02:53 AM

You're welcome!

:D

#12 Donovan Morningfire

Donovan Morningfire

Looking for a saint? Look elsewhere.

• Members
  • 3,346 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:39 AM

Shakespearian_Soldier said:

They're available on Amazon, but not from this site? :S

When it comes to RPG release dates, never trust what Amazon lists.

Nine times out of 10, they are guessing as to when such products will be available.

Dono's Gaming & Etc Blog - http://jedimorningfire.blogspot.com/

"You worry about those drink vouchers, I'll worry about that bar tab!"

#13 HappyDaze

HappyDaze

• Members
  • 5,651 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:03 AM

salamar_dree said:

According to the "Upcoming" section of the FFG site, a product can be "At the Printer" (like SW: EotE is) for a few months.

It then moves to "On the Boat", which can take 4-6 weeks.

It then goes to "Shipping Now", which is 7-10 days for the U.S..

So, once it switches from "At the Printer" to "On the Boat" in the "Upcoming" section of the site, it will be at least 5 weeks.

I hope that helps!

Of course, this assumes that they update those figures regularly. They do not. I've seen FFG products on the shelves of the FLGS when they were still listed as at the printer.

Ignore, Ignore, you must learn Ignore!

Now Ignoring: Nobody.

#14 salamar_dree

salamar_dree

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:04 PM

Good to know!

Of course, that leaves us back at square one. :P

#15 DaveJW

DaveJW

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:33 AM

Diamond Comics (who own Alliance Games one of the biggest distributors) have it listed as releasing at the end of May…

http://www.previewsw...temID=STK529526

The Star Wars universe is at your fingertips! The 448-page Star Wars: The Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook is a roleplaying experience set in those thousands of places across the galaxy where morality is gray and nothing is certain. It contains everything that players and GMs need to conduct their adventures as smugglers in the Outer Rim, to collect bounties on the scum in the shadows of Coruscant, or to establish new colonies beneath the Empire's notice. And don't forget to enhance your experience with the 32-page Game Master's Kit and Roleplay Dice!
Item Code: MAR132242
In Shops: 5/29/2013
SRP: $59.95

#16 chall

chall

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:28 PM

and FRP Games has it releasing 4-30-13. So it seems Spring 2013 is all we can rely on right now.

#17 Fiddleback

Fiddleback

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:00 PM

The most recent issue of Game Trade Magazine, #157, has a large feature article on Edge of the Empire.  GTM tends to be what retailers use to order product from Alliance Distribution that is too new to be in their yearly cataloge. As such, it has to have pretty solid lead times for ordering so product gets to where it needs to be, when it needs to be there and release dates aren't missed.  They can't afford to speculate on release dates like Amazon and a few other sites can because it is much more critical for them to be correct.

I tell you that, to tell you this:  GTM #157 says April.  So my money goes solidly on April. (Page 5 of this PDF: http://www.gametrade...GTM157Games.pdf

When in April?  Not entirely certain, but Barnes & Noble is saying the 28th.  Being a Sunday, that seems a bit odd.  It could just be a 'safe' date for now, being so late in the month.  

Freelance Editor and Writer  (Ed: Rogue Trader: Faith and CoinStar Wars: Age of Rebellion Beta and Core) - Contributor of the Skill Monkey segments to The Order 66 Podcast - Bon Vivant and gadabout town. www.MadAdventurers.com

#18 DeadInkPen

DeadInkPen

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:23 PM

I am expecting an April to the first weekend in May release. This makes sense in my mind due to the Star Wars Game Experience happening on May 4th at FFG. I think they would want it handy by that weekend for added buzz for the event.

#19 Doc, the Weasel

Doc, the Weasel

Pretending to be many, many things.

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:48 PM

I'd expect it to be on the boat for 5-6 weeks, so if it's going to drop in April, it would have to leave the printer within the next week or two.

Listen to my actual play podcasts at BeggingForXP.com.

Take a look at my Talent Trees (Edge of the Empire and Age of Rebellion), YT-2400 deck plans for the Lazy Bantha, as well as my other handouts.

#20 LethalDose

LethalDose

• Members
  • 747 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:15 AM

Not sure when this got posted, but since they're including the EotE game in the announcements of games for their May the 4th celebration weekend, I think it's likely FFG be expecting to deploy it around that time, at least.  May be just before or just after for everybody, but the question remains:

When will then be now?

SOON!

-WJL

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS