Photo

More fluff, less mechanics! So new format of books!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Beren Eoath

Beren Eoath

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:26 PM

I was thinking maybe FFG should go the way Wotc is now going. So to publish new products with less mechanics in the books and more fluff. The best books in WFRP 2e ware Sigmar's Heirs and Knights of the Grail, why? Bevcouse they had a lot of informations, plot hooks and many many things that described the lands from laws to famous places. I don't know how You but I would love to see some of that stuff updated and reprinted in 3e. Maybe in a form of a new Guide or something similar. This stuff would sell becuose not only players from 3e would buy it but from other editions too. So Whta do You think? Should FFG consider doing things like this?

Cheers

#2 ragnar63

ragnar63

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:45 PM

Totally agree, but in FFG's defense there may be problems with GW about introducing stuff that is not part of what GW considers canon at the moment.

Having said that though, I am not sure that FFG are clued up enough on the Old World to do fluff books like that.

Where they would really win out wiould be if they did entirely new books on areas not covered before, such as Tilea, Estalia, Araby, Sartosa, and Lustria to name but a few. However both my first two points would come good with a vengence if they tried to do those. Sad but true.

#3 Beren Eoath

Beren Eoath

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:05 PM

Yes, but if FFG would do a next Sigmar's Heirs I would buy it right away. GW timeline may be changed but not the whole Empire? I know that I could buy me a pdf with Sigmar's Heirs but I would rather have a hardback book from FFG then a pdf. Besides if they would do more fluff books then every edition  would be compatible.In this edition we still need a good book that would cover all the Empire not some fragments of few cities. After the Empire in my line would be Bretonia and then Kislev so two neghbours of the Empire. Next in line should be Norsca.

You know what I find was  the best part of Knights of The Grail? That almost every province in the Bretonia had some specific creatures that lived there. And in Sigmar's Heirs and Knight of the Grail there were in every provine mentioned specific pleaces that gived GM great plot hooks and ideas for adventures.

I hope that someone from FFG will read it and think of this as a interesting products for the future of WFRP.

Cheers

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS