vehicle rules?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Cryhavok

Cryhavok

• Members
  • 354 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:01 AM

Was looking for the vehicle rules, but all I could find was mounted combat stuff. Am I missing something, or do I need to import stuff from the other systems?

#2 Kiton

Kiton

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:07 PM

Only War's got the newer ones.

The rules can also be found in Rogue Trader, along with all the ship stuff.

#3 HappyDaze

HappyDaze

• Members
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:22 PM

Note that the newer rules in Only War don't currently cover anything that flies.

Ignore, Ignore, you must learn Ignore!

Now Ignoring: Nobody!

#4 Cryhavok

Cryhavok

• Members
  • 354 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:43 PM

Thanks guys. In your opinion, which would be better: use RT rules or use OW rules + RT flier rules? I have the main books for all the systems so I can pull from either.

#5 HappyDaze

HappyDaze

• Members
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:43 PM

Go with the Only War rules and adapt the RT rules for flyers (aeronautica). As a side note, I would also hesitate to use RT's starship rules since they're rather poor IMO, but there isn't really any official alternative.

Ignore, Ignore, you must learn Ignore!

Now Ignoring: Nobody!

#6 Cryhavok

Cryhavok

• Members
  • 354 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:46 AM

My group doesnt want to use starships anyway. They favor a ritual from disciples of the dark gods as thier primary transportation. The only thing they ever want to do with ships is explode them.

#7 H.B.M.C.

H.B.M.C.

Freelance Writer/Play-Tester

• Members
  • 1,371 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:00 PM

Whilst I am obviously bias towards it, I really would use the Only War vehicle rules. They're the most up-to-date, most extensive and detailed, and cover ground-based vehicles more comprehensively than the ones printed in Into the Storm and Rites of Battle. No aircraft, but for all your ground-based needs, OW is there for you. burla

BYE

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS