Favorite solo deck for Numenor?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Calrissian

Calrissian

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:11 AM

I finally got a chance to play the first quest for Numenor last night.  Very fun, but definitely a motivation to try a new deck.  I'm curious what people are enjoying using for the Numenor quests for solo/single deck play.  I've been using dwarf decks for awhile, and I'm happy to change that up or continue the dwarf path.  Just want some new ideas with VERY limited time to build decks.

I posted this on cardgamedb as well, so feel free to point me there is someone reads both.

Thanks for any suggestions!

#2 Pharmboys2013

Pharmboys2013

• Members
  • 805 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:37 AM

I've had solo success with two different tactics/leadership decks for these scenarios. The first of which is a Gondor themed deck using Prince Imrahil, leadership boromir, and Beregond. Contains a lot of the player cards from that box and really fun to play with actually. I look forward to improving it as this cycle continues. The second deck used Elladan, Elrohir, and Legolas. This deck was a real powerhouse but had slightly more of a challenge when regular questing with willpower was required.  I haven't made this but I can see a pure tactics deck with Thalin, Beregond, then either Legolas/Hama/Tactics Boromir being successful in these quests 

"His life is charmed, or fate spares him for some other end."

#3 gatharion

gatharion

• Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:39 AM

I beat all three quests in solo play with a Beregond, Hama, Legolas deck.

Support of the Eagles + Vassal of the Winglord and Winged Guardian = tearing through the quest stages with Battle or Seige.

#4 Calrissian

Calrissian

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:38 AM

Thanks to you both.  This gives me some fun ideas to build on.

Any other suggestions are always welcome.

Thanks again!

#5 Tracker1

Tracker1

• Members
  • 702 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:35 AM

I finally mad a gondor themed deck to deal with these scenarios.  I have had success on all three scenarios with the same deck.

Denethor, Boromir (tactics), and Prince Imrahil  Starting threat: 30

Allies: (27)

Vassal of the Windlord x3

Defender of Rammas x3

Gondorian Spearman x3

Winged Guardian x3

Snowbourn scout x3

Errand-rider x3

Warden of healing x 3

Envoy of Pelargir x3

Gandalf x3

Attachments: (8)

Horn of Gondor x 2

Dunedain Warning x3

Ranger Spikes x3

Events: (15)

Feint x3

Sneak attack x3

Vailant Sacrafice x2

Wealth of Gondor x3

Secret Paths x2

Radagast's Cunning x2

Total (50)

Lots of ally chump blockers  to ready Imrahil.  Boromir readys with his ability and then you can attack for six which takes out most enimes in the expansion.  I try to keep denethor ready to peek the top card of the encounter deck, unless it's a seige quest or he needs to defend.  Generally I'll defend with Boromir, although not during the Seige of Cair Andros.  I always want a chump to take the 18 damage after x number of shadow cards have been revealed during this scenario!

'At last' said Aragorn 'Here are the tracks that we seek!'

#6 Narsil0420

Narsil0420

• Members
  • 667 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:40 PM

I've had good success with mono-sphere tactics decks. Also Aragorn(Lore) and Boromir(tactics) are a wicked pair and it helps you have a really strong start which is sorely needed in a lot of these scenarios!

#7 Tracker1

Tracker1

• Members
  • 702 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:35 AM

Narsil0420 said:

I've had good success with mono-sphere tactics decks. Also Aragorn(Lore) and Boromir(tactics) are a wicked pair and it helps you have a really strong start which is sorely needed in a lot of these scenarios!

Yeah, my best deck for these scenarios was Aragorn (lore), Boromir (tactics), and Glorfindel (spirit)

The deck I used is here:

http://www.fantasyfl...=4&efidt=780939

'At last' said Aragorn 'Here are the tracks that we seek!'

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS