#1 Robby Stark

Robby Stark

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:43 PM

orphan of the greenblood: http://www.cardgamed...y_34_121371.jpg

rusted sword: http://www.cardgamed...y_34_215868.jpg

eddard: http://www.cardgamed...y_11_329823.jpg

let's say I have rusted sword attached to my main man eddard stark. eddard already has a red icon so he doesn't gain much from rusted sword but the 2 str. but then let's say a sneaky little orphan of the greenblood decides he removes eddard's icons. does eddard still have one red icon since he had a ''spare'' one? another scenario: after eddard loses his icons, I attach rusted sword on him, so he gains a new one. the new icon is unnafected by the orphan, yes?

on an utterly unrelated topic my friend and I were arguing about the artwork of rusted sword. he says it's not hodor. I insist it's hodor north of the wall with rickard stark's rusted sword, the one he got looting the crypt, but he says that can't be hodor because hodor doesn't have a beard like that. clearly I'm right yes?

#2 ktom

ktom

• Members
  • 7,645 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:03 PM

Robby Stark said:

let's say I have rusted sword attached to my main man eddard stark. eddard already has a red icon so he doesn't gain much from rusted sword but the 2 str. but then let's say a sneaky little orphan of the greenblood decides he removes eddard's icons. does eddard still have one red icon since he had a ''spare'' one? another scenario: after eddard loses his icons, I attach rusted sword on him, so he gains a new one. the new icon is unnafected by the orphan, yes?

From the FAQ:

"Even if not triggered at the same time, multiple Lasting Effects may affect the same card at the same time. For example: a character without the Power icon is affected by two lasting effects. One (such as Slander) removes a Power icon from the character, and one (such as Lordship) adds the Power icon to that character. In this example the two lasting effects cancel each other, and the character is left unchanged. The order in which the lasting effects take place is irrelevant: the net sum result of all lasting effects is applied to the character (the net sum of -1 Power icon and +1 Power icon is 0, thus the character remains unchanged)."

So, just like STR, you take all applicable modifiers to a character's icons, no matter what order they were applied in or when, add then together, then apply the result to the character. For Rusted Sword, Orphan, and Eddard, no matter what order you are looking at, you always get "1 (printed) + 1 (Sword) - 1 (Orphans) = 1" for the military icon.

Robby Stark said:

on an utterly unrelated topic my friend and I were arguing about the artwork of rusted sword. he says it's not hodor. I insist it's hodor north of the wall with rickard stark's rusted sword, the one he got looting the crypt, but he says that can't be hodor because hodor doesn't have a beard like that. clearly I'm right yes?

It's art. You can see what you want in it. I don't think it's an actual scene from the books, though.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS