Photo

Do You Need to Do Anything Special to Go to Regional Tournaments?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Mattr0polis

Mattr0polis

• Members
  • 811 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:56 PM

Hi,

This question is for people who know about FFG's Organized Play system and stuff about Regional Tournaments, etc. Possibly from FFG's other LCGs or something.

Do you need to do anything special to go to a regional tournament? Do I need to officially join the Organized Play system or something? Do I need to reserve a spot or get on some list to go to one? Or can I just randomly show up?

I ask because when looking at the list of upcoming regional tournaments I found that there are quite a few that are in what I would consider driveable distance. Like 7 or 8.

I was thinking about making the trip to as many as possible and picking and choosing each week depending on how I feel that day (some are on back to back weekends). Basically I don't want to commit ahead of time and then screw over people by not showing up to some of them, if possible.

But this is all new to me. I used to help run and go to a TON of Decipher Star Wars CCG tournaments back in the day and even slightly more recently with their Player's Committe thing. But I have no clue about any of the tournament stuff for FFG though.

Any help? Thanks.

#2 ScottieATF

ScottieATF

• Members
  • 619 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:49 PM

Show up. Thats all.

Come to the one in Berlin, NJ and I'll buy you a soda

#3 Rogue 4

Rogue 4

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:20 PM

Hey, fly down to Texas and I will buy you a beer.

Millennium Falcon, Rebel Transport, Tantive IV, A-Wing x2, B-wing, E-Wing, X-wing x4, Y-wing, Z95 Headhunter x2, HWK-290, TIE Fighter x 5, TIE Advanced x1, TIE Bomber, x1, TIE Interceptor x1, TIE Defender, TIE Phantom,  Imperial Aces, Slave I, Lambda Shuttle

#4 superradjoe

superradjoe

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:22 PM

I will megabus to texas for a beer, but if you want me to fly it will have to be a case of wine.

#5 Vaapad

Vaapad

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:26 AM

Some might ask you to preregister, but you can walk in unannounced provided there is space left after preregistration closes.  Make sure your cards are sleeved, and either bring a decklist or be prepared to write one out when you get there (objective sets makes this easy for SWLCG).

"And for the first time in hundreds of years, the night came alive with the music of dragons."

#6 Mattr0polis

Mattr0polis

• Members
  • 811 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:40 AM

Cool. Thanks for the help and drink offers, guys! I'm in northwest PA so NJ and especially TX are probably too far of drives. But is tempting nonetheless, heh.

#7 The Empire Brings Sexy Back

The Empire Brings Sexy Back

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:44 AM

Is there an official decklist form to use?  Or can I write "(1,2,3,4,5) x2, Jedi" on a napkin and turn that in?

#8 MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 02:40 PM

There might be something official that comes out from FFG.

Welcome to the machine!

#9 jeeps

jeeps

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:41 PM

From the May the Fourth be with you event schedule PDF:

"Tournament Registration
*To speed the registration process for the Regional Tournaments, you may submit your lists via email to OrganizedPlay@fantasyflightgames.com at any time before the event. Please use the Subject Heading: “Star Wars™ Game Experience Fleet List - YOURNAME” (for X-Wing) or “Star Wars™ Game Experience Deck List - YOURNAME” (for Star Wars: The Card Game). Your list must be submitted before you are eligible to participate in the tournaments and receive your participation prizes. All tournaments will be run according to the rules outlined on the X-Wing or Star Wars: The Card Game."

Peter Jacobson

Minnesota, USA

#10 TGO

TGO

• Members
  • 317 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:51 PM

That is just for that event though.  Eah venue will probbaly require a deck list but you wont be required to email it to FFG.

#11 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:05 PM

What is a reasonable date to submit a decklist, when there is at least one more Force Pack on the way before the Game Experience event?

"To play a wrong note is insignificant. To play without passion is inexcusable."
– Beethoven

#12 Blade_Runner

Blade_Runner

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:36 PM

Are there any written or unwritten rules against participating in multiple Regional Tournaments?  Or can the same person keep trying over and over again to win?  Lastly, what is the normal entry fee to participate?

#13 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,010 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:01 PM

Blade_Runner said:

Are there any written or unwritten rules against participating in multiple Regional Tournaments?  Or can the same person keep trying over and over again to win?  Lastly, what is the normal entry fee to participate?

There is no limit. Go to as many as you can afford the travel to. The cost of each event is up to the location itself so no normal fee. I would say around $10 is a pretty safe average. 

#14 Rogue 4

Rogue 4

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:27 PM

superradjoe said:

I will megabus to texas for a beer, but if you want me to fly it will have to be a case of wine.

Wine? It would probably be some cheap wine for a whole case. Most men drink beer here in Texas, lol.

Millennium Falcon, Rebel Transport, Tantive IV, A-Wing x2, B-wing, E-Wing, X-wing x4, Y-wing, Z95 Headhunter x2, HWK-290, TIE Fighter x 5, TIE Advanced x1, TIE Bomber, x1, TIE Interceptor x1, TIE Defender, TIE Phantom,  Imperial Aces, Slave I, Lambda Shuttle

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS