Placing Bomb Tokens & Red Maneuvers

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Sunsteel

Sunsteel

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:13 PM

When activating a ship which is going to execute a red maneuver, can it place a bomb token (assuming it has added this mod.) and then complete it's movement and receive a stress token?

#2 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,364 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:17 PM

Sunsteel said:

When activating a ship which is going to execute a red maneuver, can it place a bomb token (assuming it has added this mod.) and then complete it's movement and receive a stress token?

Assuming that you're dropping a seismic charge, yes.  Note that you could do that even if you already had a stress token and were executing a white maneuver.  If you're wanting to drop a proximity mine though, no.

#3 Sunsteel

Sunsteel

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:34 PM

dbmeboy said:

Sunsteel said:

Assuming that you're dropping a seismic charge, yes.� Note that you could do that even if you already had a stress token and were executing a white maneuver.� If you're wanting to drop a proximity mine though, no.

Why not for a Proximity Mine? I did not realize they are placed with different requirements.

#4 Emrico

Emrico

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:40 PM

Placing a Proximity Mine is an action. Placing a Seismic Charge is not.

Jim

Rebels: 3 YT-1300s, 6 X-Wings, 6 Y-Wings, 6 A-Wings, 6 B-Wings, 4 HWK-290s,10 Z-95s, 3 E-Wings, 2 GR-75s, 1 CR-90
Imperials: 8 TIEs, 4 TIE Adv, 12 TIE Interceptors, 3 Firesprays, 6 TIE Bombers, 5 Lambdas, 3 TIE Defenders, 4 Phantoms

#5 Sunsteel

Sunsteel

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:50 PM

So placing a proximity mine is done before or after movement? If it is an action I would think it is placed after movement.

#6 ziggy2000

ziggy2000

• Members
  • 738 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:55 PM

Sunsteel said:

So placing a proximity mine is done before or after movement? If it is an action I would think it is placed after movement.

Your conclusion is correct.

#7 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,364 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:14 PM

Sunsteel said:

Why not for a Proximity Mine? I did not realize they are placed with different requirements.

If you look at the upgrade cards for the two different bombs, you will find that they each specify exactly when/how they can be deployed.

#8 Kaxel Vofer

Kaxel Vofer

• Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:49 AM

Yes the two bombs tokens have two difreents ways to deploy it, so like Emrico saids the Proximity bomb requiere one action, and if the ship has a Stress Token can't do action, the Sismic charge isn't a n Action, is to simplify part of you movement, so yoor ship can has Stress Token and deploy iy, greettings.

"That the reward for you, don´t be so high".

Kaxel Vofer.

#9 Cid_MCDP

Cid_MCDP

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:48 AM

I think the only thing that keeps a ship from dropping a Seismic is being Ionized. 

The Drop triggers from revealing the maneuver dial, but you don't use the dial if you've been Ionized. 

#10 dandirk

dandirk

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:05 AM

Cid_MCDP said:

I think the only thing that keeps a ship from dropping a Seismic is being Ionized. 

The Drop triggers from revealing the maneuver dial, but you don't use the dial if you've been Ionized. 

Not only that but if you even could drop the seismic, it would damage you as well.  Which I suppose could be a calculated risk (if it was possible).

#11 Emrico

Emrico

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:42 AM

dandirk said:

Cid_MCDP said:

Not only that but if you even could drop the seismic, it would damage you as well.  Which I suppose could be a calculated risk (if it was possible).

Very doubtful that dropping a Seismic charge and then moving 1 (assuming non-ionized move) will still leave the Slave I in range of the damage radius of Range 1. The charge is deployed using the straight-1 maneuver template behind the ship.  Ship then moves a forward straight 1.  With the large base, you're safely outside of Range 1 when the Seismic Charge explodes (barring a collision that shortens your move).  Remember that it doesn't go off until the end of the Activation Phase.

Now, this will be a completely different animal if/when a ship on a small base is able to take a Bomb.

Jim

Rebels: 3 YT-1300s, 6 X-Wings, 6 Y-Wings, 6 A-Wings, 6 B-Wings, 4 HWK-290s,10 Z-95s, 3 E-Wings, 2 GR-75s, 1 CR-90
Imperials: 8 TIEs, 4 TIE Adv, 12 TIE Interceptors, 3 Firesprays, 6 TIE Bombers, 5 Lambdas, 3 TIE Defenders, 4 Phantoms

#12 dandirk

dandirk

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:58 AM

Emrico said:

dandirk said:

Cid_MCDP said:

Very doubtful that dropping a Seismic charge and then moving 1 (assuming non-ionized move) will still leave the Slave I in range of the damage radius of Range 1. The charge is deployed using the straight-1 maneuver template behind the ship.  Ship then moves a forward straight 1.  With the large base, you're safely outside of Range 1 when the Seismic Charge explodes (barring a collision that shortens your move).  Remember that it doesn't go off until the end of the Activation Phase.

Now, this will be a completely different animal if/when a ship on a small base is able to take a Bomb.

Jim

Ahhhh Didn't read the included rules with the Firespray about the 1 ruler drop distance… No wonder they have the movement nubs…  Been wanted to play empire with FireSpray and bombs but my friends haven't let me yet:( and they won't use the bombs for some reason.

#13 ziggy2000

ziggy2000

• Members
  • 738 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:28 PM

Emrico said:

dandirk said:

Cid_MCDP said:

Jim

Actually, a straight 1 movement with a small based ship with put it safely out of range 1 as well.

#14 jetsetter

jetsetter

• Members
  • 626 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:31 AM

Imagine if the Tie Bomber could fire a proximity mine or seismic charge from the front…say a 2-4 straight…the bomb is placed at the end of the template, then you perform your maneuver.  That would make it a pretty wicked ship :-).  That's if they are planning on a bomber release :-)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS