My Senator's Shuttle

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 blkdymnd

blkdymnd

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:43 PM

So a company called Ninja Magic makes a ship extremely close to the one pictured on X-Wing' Senator Shuttle template. Corsec Engineering makes a clear base in the template shape. Got both, attached the template underneath the clear base with a lite coat of white glue, and painted it…

• DagobahDave likes this

#2 Harleequin

Harleequin

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:11 PM

I'm kind of hoping Wave 3 is just 3d Model Astroids, upgrade cards, new pilots, a Y and Z target lock, and maybe even that senators shuttle… Very nice by the way, extremely jealous :b

#3 Viceroy Bolda

Viceroy Bolda

• Members
  • 846 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:26 PM

I also ordered a star shuttle.  Mine came from a fellow at Shapeways.com and looks a little different from this one. Nice painting work.  

Bulldog

"What's 'e going to do?  Nibble my bum?"

#4 blkdymnd

blkdymnd

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:59 AM

Thanks everyone, it's nice to have a model for it now

#5 Kaxel Vofer

Kaxel Vofer

• Members
  • 631 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:58 AM

Wow, it looks very similar, if you don't metion the origin, I think that you make this ship, congratulations for the tips, greettings.

"That the reward for you, don´t be so high".

Kaxel Vofer.

#6 rowdyoctopus

rowdyoctopus

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:15 AM

Hmmm I found the one on shapeways.  Its a good one, but its not the true scale of X-Wing.  The actual shuttle is 80 meters according to the Star Wars wiki.

http://starwars.wiki...an_Star_Shuttle

That would make it just over 11.5 inches long at 1/270 scale.  Both options are cool though, and look way better than the cardboard. sonreir

#7 Viceroy Bolda

Viceroy Bolda

• Members
  • 846 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:24 PM

Sure, the shapeways shuttle should be 30cm long in 1/270.  The Shapeways mini's base is almost spot on to the size of the senator's shuttle token from the core set.  It is a Star Wars ship design and is large enough to be a believable shuttle on the board.  If playing that mission from the core set, it will be nice to have an actual mini to shoot at.  Who knows, the SWU has many facets from other games which have been adopted into acceptable culture.  This game has become incredibly popular, enough so that I bet that it could legitimize a small shuttle such as this.  It could be the one thing that this game adds to the SW culture base.  

I ordered a shuttle/base in white, as I wasn't sure of what to expect.  The details are nice.  Some pieces require some finesse.  

The Shapeways shuttle before painting…

Bulldog

#8 Viceroy Bolda

Viceroy Bolda

• Members
  • 846 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 04:45 PM

Still have some touch-ups yet to do, but I'm ready to game this week!!!   I'm going to say that Ambassador Jar Jar Binks is on board.  That should motivate the Imps to destory it.  On second though, that might cause the other rebel player to shoot it down.  Heck, I might even take a shot at it.  

Bulldog

#9 Viceroy Bolda

Viceroy Bolda

• Members
  • 846 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:07 AM

All done.  Will play the senator shuttle this week, then I'll see if my boys will let me use one of these other pilot cards.   The defensive turret could be interesting.  

Bulldog

#10 Kaxel Vofer

Kaxel Vofer

• Members
  • 631 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:58 AM

And now you make the cards, congratulations for the project, greettings.

"That the reward for you, don´t be so high".

Kaxel Vofer.

#11 Cilionelle

Cilionelle

• Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:26 PM

Looks great.  The paint job is excellent.  Can it take Modification cards?  Cos Boost would really break the scenario, I think!

"There is no point to owning a copy of the rules if you aren't committed to actually reading them."

#12 Kristijaan

Kristijaan

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:55 AM

Viceroy Bolda, where did you get/ how did you make the cards and base insert? I'm looking to need the same for myself and a helping hand/ head start would be awesome! Thanks in advance.

#13 Viceroy Bolda

Viceroy Bolda

• Members
  • 846 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:01 PM

Below is a link to the shuttle

http://www.shapeways...Id=6&li=ostatus

Everything is made by one person.  He sells the shuttle and base assy on Shapeways.com

Below is a link to PDFs of the cards…

http://boardgamegeek...huttle-and-clas

I printed the cards from the web and glued them to some card stock before sleeving.  

I hope to get one or two of his DX9s before too long.

Happy painting!

Bulldog

#14 Kristijaan

Kristijaan

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:42 PM

Awesome! Thank you Thank you!

#15 sib

sib

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:11 AM

http://www.shapeways...ms&materialId=6

Ordered me one of these - where is the company?  I paid in euros

Edited by sib, 06 September 2013 - 07:18 AM.

#16 Ken at Sunrise

Ken at Sunrise

• Members
  • 713 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:32 AM

If I could get one painted I'd probably get it...

#17 yagyu

yagyu

• Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:16 AM

HNI_0037.jpg

My senator shuttle, my cam kinda sucks so please forgive the bad resolution.

• Cilionelle likes this

#18 Joe Boss Red Seven

Joe Boss Red Seven

• Members
  • 2,376 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:43 AM

Nice info in this topic, thanks guys!

"There Is No Such Thing As Luck." BLACK SIX RED SEVEN

STAR WARS is far more than three thirty year old films. FFG intends for X-Wing to thrive, thus it will be more also... PERIOD.

^_^ BLACK...  :D SUN... :lol: RISES!!!
ALLIANCE: [A-WING: 3][B-WING: 3][E-WING: 3][HWK-290: 2][X-WING: 6][Y-WING: 6][Z-95: 6][YT-1300: 1] EMPIRE: [TIE ADVANCED: 1][TIE BOMBER: 3][TIE DEFENDER: 3][TIE FIGHTER: 5][TIE INTERCEPTOR: 6][TIE PHANTOM: 3][FIRESPRAY-31: 1][SHUTTLE-LAMBDA: 1] SCUM: [FIRESPRAY-31: 1][HWK-290: 2][IG-2000: ][M3-A: ][STAR VIPER: ][Y-WING: ][Z-95: ]

#19 Angelkorpse

Angelkorpse

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:14 PM

I'm kind of hoping Wave 3 is just 3d Model Astroids, upgrade cards, new pilots, a Y and Z target lock, and maybe even that senators shuttle… Very nice by the way, extremely jealous :b

was reading on the Senator's Shuttle projects and saw Harleequin mention wave having 3d model astroids.
if i may say so the cut out ones u get in the box are neat but if u want 3d to ur game I made a few for my table.

if u live near paved roads where u have broken asphault, in my opinion those are the best.

IMG_1198_zps7b0445d0.jpg

Edited by Angelkorpse, 08 October 2013 - 12:33 PM.

Imperial Empire: 5xTIE Fighters, 2xTIE Bombers, 2xTIE Interceptors, 2xTIE Advanced, 1xFirespray 31

Rebel Alliance: 3xX-Wings, 2xA-Wings, 2xB-Wings, 2xY-Wings, 1xYT 1300, 1xHWK 290

#20 Rakky Wistol

Rakky Wistol

• Members
  • 2,405 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:00 PM

$25 + shipping for something you then have to paint seems a bit steep.  Still cool but a bit costly unless you really like that scenario.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS