Rogue Trader with Only War

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Evilref

Evilref

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:50 AM

I've seen a few posts around about people converting character generation and advancement, but I'm looking to get some insight to see if anyone's playing with other aspects:

Talent/Action changes (Using Only War rules for swift/lightning/full auto etc.)

Trait changes (the change to unnatural characteristics for example)

Weapon changes (Only War's weapon stats seem significantly different in a number of areas - meltas, heavy bolters and so forth).

#2 Cpt. Harkonnen

Cpt. Harkonnen

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:19 PM

The Imperial Guard may use a different pattern weapon that what a Rogue Trader uses, therefor the damage and or penetration may be different. I don’t have the Only War Core Book and not sure what pattern lasgun, bolter and what not. Take a look at the Rogue Trader Core Book and the Only War Core Book, and see what pattern each uses. That could explain a lot. Furthermore, Rogue Traders start at 5000 xp and have access to more potent weapons than a starting Imperial Guardsman, it only makes sense that an Ork would have TB 8 compared to a TB 6 in Only War. I know Orks have TB 6 because I DL the free adventure to check it out.

Furthermore, even though both RT and OW use the roughly same system for game play, they are totally different games. Same goes for DH compared to RT, same system, different game play. I’d say it’s the same sport, just in a different league.

~Cpt. H

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS