Beorn

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 neovitalis

neovitalis

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:35 AM

If Beorn (Hero) dies, does Landorval's ability work on him, or would Fortune or Fate be able to target him, his card says immune to player card effects, but I think most abilities on a card stop working if the card is in the discard pile.

#2 legolas18

legolas18

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:33 AM

Yes, both Landroval and Fortune or Fate would be able to bring Beorn back into play, because his text doesn't matter when he is out of play.

From the FAQ:

Q: Can I use Fortune or Fate (CORE 54) to put Beorn
(OHUH 5) into play from a player's discard pile, even
though he is immune to player card effects?

A: Yes. A hero's ability is only active while it is in play.
Therefore, Beorn is not immune to player card effects
(such as Fortune or Fate) while he is in the discard
pile.

Playing an intense scenario, on the last stage, right when you notice you've been playing with two Bofurs the whole time.

#3 neovitalis

neovitalis

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:38 PM

follow up, I know Dori can take damage for Beorn, can another hero via Song of Mocking? Abilities look similar to me.

#4 GrandSpleen

GrandSpleen

• Members
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:21 PM

Song of Mocking won't work -- it targets a hero directly :(    Dori just interacts with the damage, not directly with the hero, so he works here.  A strange distinction to be making, but there you have it.

#5 neovitalis

neovitalis

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:25 AM

I'm not seeing the distinction, It seems like song of mocking is only effecting the damage, not the hero.  If I chose beorn, then all damage beorn would be assigned would go to hero X. I don't see where song of Mocking is effecting beorn.  Can you clarify how this is?

#6 muemakan

muemakan

• Members
  • 674 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:18 AM

Action: Exhuast Song of Mocking to choose another hero. Until the end of the phase, attached hero takes all damage assigned to the chosen hero.

"to choose a hero" would target Beorn.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS