at st commander

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Rogue 3

Rogue 3

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:55 AM

action: during an engagement spend 1 resource to place 1 shield on a participating vehicle unit.

this doesnt say once per turn or engagement so can i use it more then once? can i use it on same unit more then once? (shield unit- remove shield for heat of battle- pay for another shield- remove shield for tactic- pay for another shield…etc)

also this unit doesnt  have to be in the engagement to use text correct?

#2 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,430 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:02 PM

Rogue 3 said:

action: during an engagement spend 1 resource to place 1 shield on a participating vehicle unit.

this doesnt say once per turn or engagement so can i use it more then once? can i use it on same unit more then once? (shield unit- remove shield for heat of battle- pay for another shield- remove shield for tactic- pay for another shield…etc)

also this unit doesnt  have to be in the engagement to use text correct?

All looks good to me.

#3 Rogue 4

Rogue 4

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:30 PM

I think it is good too, but it does say "an" engagement. Does that trigger the once per turn trigger because you only have one engagement per objective. I don't know, I may be looking into to too much or stating my theory wrong.

I do believe though it is as many time as you can spend the resources. It is different than say Devastator, because you only blow up an objective once.

Millennium Falcon, Rebel Transport, Tantive IV, A-Wing x2, B-wing, E-Wing, X-wing x4, Y-wing, Z95 Headhunter x2, HWK-290, TIE Fighter x 5, TIE Advanced x1, TIE Bomber, x1, TIE Interceptor x1, TIE Defender, TIE Phantom,  Imperial Aces, Slave I, Lambda Shuttle

#4 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,430 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:20 PM

Rogue 4 said:

I think it is good too, but it does say "an" engagement. Does that trigger the once per turn trigger because you only have one engagement per objective. I don't know, I may be looking into to too much or stating my theory wrong.

I do believe though it is as many time as you can spend the resources. It is different than say Devastator, because you only blow up an objective once.

It's actually different than Devastator because it's an Action instead of a Reaction.  Reactions only happen once per triggering condition.  Actions can be activated as many times as you want, assuming conditions are met (it is during an engagement in this case) and costs are paid.

#5 Runner07

Runner07

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:58 AM

As long as it meets the action requiremnt "pay 1 resource", it seems to me that you could do it as long as you can provide the resoures.  But the problem is after the first engagament with AT-ST commander, he will be focued and thus will not be able to enter in an engagment again.  So unless he gets unfocused and can reenter an engagment, he can't do it again.  So it seems like a once per turn in that sense. 

#6 Rogue 3

Rogue 3

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:40 AM

Runner07 said:

As long as it meets the action requiremnt "pay 1 resource", it seems to me that you could do it as long as you can provide the resoures.  But the problem is after the first engagament with AT-ST commander, he will be focued and thus will not be able to enter in an engagment again.  So unless he gets unfocused and can reenter an engagment, he can't do it again.  So it seems like a once per turn in that sense. 

from may read of the card the commander does not have to be in an engagement only a vehicle needs to be for his text to work. besides even if he is focus i see no reason why his text would not work.

#7 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,430 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:50 AM

Rogue 3 said:

Runner07 said:

from may read of the card the commander does not have to be in an engagement only a vehicle needs to be for his text to work. besides even if he is focus i see no reason why his text would not work.

I agree with Rogue 3 - the AT-ST commander does not need to be in the engagement to use his text.

#8 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,372 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:52 AM

Runner07 said:

Runner07 said:

The AT-ST Commander does not need to be a participating character in the engagement.

&

Being exhausted does not matter for his action either

exhausted
A card that is exhausted (i.e. has one or more focus
tokens on it) cannot be focused to pay for card effects,
cannot focus to strike, and cannot generate resources.
However, other card abilities of an exhausted card
may still be triggered, and its constant effects (if any)
are still active, as long as such abilities do not require
the card to focus, to be ready, or are not otherwise
prohibited by the card text.

#9 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,430 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:06 AM

I don't think he was saying that being focused would stop the ability, but that being focused would stop the AT-ST Commander from entering another engagement (which is true).  It's also irrelevant since he doesn't have to be in the engagement to use his ability, as you mentioned.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS