I've read the rulebook up and down, watched a few tutorial vids and played a couple games with my wife. That's when uncertain, unanswered questions began to transpire.
The runner seems to be somewhat "overpowered". You can just sit back and amass credits and re-run sections over and over again after encountering the Ice once, with the right abilities. We have only played the suggested "Shaper and Jinteki" cards from the Core Set so far(any recommendations on more interesting gameplay with different sets is welcome).
Anyways, I have a few questions.
1. Can ICE's strength be advanced? Since the Runner is able to advance their strength usually for icebreaking, is a Corporation unable to do the same unless the card specifies? I found myself running her R&D multiple times just because I could pay for the strength increase on my icebreaker over and over again.
2. If you use Infiltration and you choose an ambush card, are there no affects of the ambush? Can you trash the card at that point as the runner? Having 3 of these in a deck seemed pretty ridiculous, I was able to score almost every agenda that she layed down without even running. Or does it just show the agenda card and I am unable to score it unless I make a run on it?
3. Assets that give you money increases must be activated before doing so, yes? If a runner wanted to get rid of that, say the PAD card for example, all I would have to do is make a run on that server, gain access and pay trash cost, right?
4. If the Corporation decides to trash a remote server card, what happens to the ICE? Does it just stay there, and the corporation is now able to add a new remote server behind it?
5. I read in the FAQ for Netrunner that Upgrades must be installed like Assets or Agendas, as remote servers, instead of behind remote servers, unless it is an upgrade specifically for HQ. Is that correct?
Thanks for any/all assistance on this, looking forward to getting a lot more game time in soon!