Photo

Necrons: Does "The Outer Reach" expand on or repeat Necron information from "Black Crusade"?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jutlander

Jutlander

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:45 PM

Hello there,

I intend to use Necrons in my Only War game using the stats from Black Crusade, and I was wondering if The Outer Reach brings anything new to the Necron table, i.e. does it expand on the information from Black Crusade or is it mostly a repetition?

Thank you in advance.

#2 H.B.M.C.

H.B.M.C.

Freelance Writer/Play-Tester

• Members
  • 1,371 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 02:09 AM

The Necrons occupy a small section of Tome of Fate, a book dedicated to Tzeentch. The Necrons occupy a significant chunk of The Outer Reach, a book dedicated to the Necrons, the Dark Pattern, and all the worlds outside of the 'main' areas of the Jericho Reach.

It is a significant expansion from a lore perspective and has additional rules not present in ToF. It's a great book, but for the various plot-hooks if gives you, the world-building stuff on the Jericho Reach, the racial expansion in the Necrons, and the new Advanced Speciality of the Dead Station Vigilant.

BYE

#3 Adeptus-B

Adeptus-B

Part-Time Super Villian

• Members
  • 1,666 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:02 AM

I haven't picked up Outer Reach yet, but, in addition to the things HBMC points out, I think it's safe to say that the presentation of Necrons will be signifigantly different between OR and Black Crusade. I was mining the BC Rulebook for Nercon stats and couldn't help but notice that their stat blocks didn't look like DW stat blocks. Beyond relative power level, there is the fact that both games have very different 'styles' of presenting Adversaries: DH, RT, and DW have a 'better too much info than not enough' approach, while BC and OW favor a stripped-down, 'minimalist' presentation. Not a deal-breaker, but something worth taking into consideration.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS