Bay Area, CA

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 chiller087

chiller087

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:05 PM

Hey all, I'm in Sunnyvale atm, but I'm willing to drive a little bit.  I know there's Game Kastle in San Jose, and Ronin Games in Castro Valley.  Frisco is just too far to drive unless it's for a tourney.  Anybody live in the area?  I'm usually available at least 1 day on the weekend.

Micah

#2 Stile2112

Stile2112

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:14 PM

There's also a Games Kastle in Fremont too.

#3 Manicarzo

Manicarzo

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:23 AM

I am moving to San Francisco in June. Not to familare with the area, but hoping to find some people to game with.

#4 tehhuf

tehhuf

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:30 AM

I know it was said in another post but we have a few players who play Star Wars, Net Runner, and A Game of Thrones on Wednesday nights from 7:30-10 at Black Diamond Games in Concord, CA. Don't know if thats to far for some of you to drive. Usually a good chance someone will always be there.

#5 karatechop

karatechop

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:54 PM

Hey, I'm in Cupertino.  Just 3 min away from Sunnyvale.  While I don't mind playing at Game Castle in Santa Clara, Cupertino/Sunnyvale is much closer.  There's a donut shop right next to Apple Computer or we can play at Vallco Legends.

#6 chiller087

chiller087

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:00 AM

Sounds good to me, what days work for you?

Micah

#7 karatechop

karatechop

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:47 PM

Any day except for Wednesday and Thursdays is good for me.  Drop me a private message with your # and we'll make something happen.

#8 jhorphear

jhorphear

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:44 AM

if you guys actually get a tournament scene up and running i would be willing to come down every couple of weeks ( i live in redding ca, about 4 hours to the north ).  it would of course only be possible on the weekends.

#9 stevepop

stevepop

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:24 PM

I haven't had much trouble finding Netrunner opponents or tourneys around here, but Star Wars is a different story. So far I've played once on OCTGN and twice in person using starter decks so I'm a still a novice. I'd like to get more into the game, however, so feel free to hit me up. I work in Palo Alto and live in San Carlos.

Steve

#10 karatechop

karatechop

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:08 PM

Steve-if you'd like we can probably meet somewhere in Mountain View/Sunnyvale?  I remember a hobby store in Mountain View acrosss the way from the Wal-Mart, close to Shower's Drive.  Not sure if it's still there…

Or maybe a local Starbucks or something.

Drop me a PM if you want to meetup sometime. 

#11 chiller087

chiller087

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:13 AM

Count me in.  I got some free time now and I'd really like to pitch in with starting a group somewhere on the peninsula.  I'm not familiar with all the local hobby shops, however.  I used to go to Neutral Ground off Showers drive, but I think that closed down a few years ago.  Anybody know a good nerd watering hole?

#12 stevepop

stevepop

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:31 PM

chiller & karatechop, I sent both of you friend requests since I think you have to do that before you can pm anyone. My contact info is in there.

There's only one game shop on the Peninsula - Gator Games in San Mateo. It's good, but tiny. However, a good place to do some weeknight gaming is Red Rock Coffee in Mountain View. Upstairs they have plenty of tables. I play Netrunner at a Starbucks in San Mateo, but I think that's pretty far north for either of you.

#13 sitedwellr

sitedwellr

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:46 PM

I live here in san francisco. I dont know that I can always drive down but I'm looking to find players here in the city. there is also a plugin for lackey ccg so if anyone wants to play there let me know.

#14 stevepop

stevepop

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:03 AM

GameKastle in Santa Clara has a Star Wars LCG night on Tuesdays at 7pm. Here's the description from the calendar and a link: 

"The force is strong with this one! Stop by Game Kastle Tuesdays nights for our weekly Star Wars LCG meet up. New and experienced players welcomed!"

http://www.gamekastl...k=2#event201388

I'm going on the 16th and I hear at least a few others are planning on it too. Join us. I'll be the "new" player.

#15 karatechop

karatechop

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:29 PM

Same.  I'll see you all next Tuesday at 7pm.

#16 MatheMattical

MatheMattical

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:52 AM

Hey guys,

Glad you found the post on the Game Kastle website. I contacted the guys there and got the event organized.

We will be there tonight! Judging by the previous discussions, we might actually have 5-10 people there tonight! 

It may not be the most convenient location for everybody, but they have a ton of room to play, the guys at the store have been totally helpful in setting up the event, and they are also hosting a regional tournament on June 1st. Because of the regional tournament being held at this location, I think that more people that are interested in Star Wars LCG will stop by and ask about it. The more 'hits' the better, I'd say. 

Tonight, we will probably discuss starting a league in a week or two. The cost will be $5 or less, but aside from the monetary commitment up front, we would have a tournament at the end of the league for some cool prizes (Aurebesh text-flavored cards, non-cardboard focus tokens, playmats, etc).

See you guys tonight!

#17 Syd

Syd

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:30 AM

Hey Bay Area Star Wars players,

I just wanted to take a moment to invite everyone to come play in the Star Wars Regional Tournament next month. It will be at the KublaCon gaming convention in Burlingame on May 24th. I will be running the Regional, which is free if you have a Kublacon badge. The badge actually gives you free-to-play admission to all the Tournaments at Kublacon, so if you play A Game of Thrones or Netrunner (both of which also have Regionals scheduled for Kubla) its a great deal. May 24th, 4pm. We will likely have 4-6 rounds of swiss followed by a cut to the top 8 for single elimination. We have game night kits and the regional kit as prize support, so everyone leaves with something.

You can contact me if you have any questions, but if not, hopefully we'll see some of you there.

Syd

#18 videinfra

videinfra

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 04:25 AM

What's the Bay Area scene like nowadays? Anyone near Berkeley,CA?

#19 Aethnen

Aethnen

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 05:56 PM

I haven't been able to drum up any players on these boards recently.  There's another bay area players post I posted in some time ago and check back frequently.  

I'm near Berkeley and haven't heard of a night for Star Wars in the Bay Area at all.  There was  an LCG night at Black Diamond Games in Concord on Wed nights but don't know if that's still happening.  If you find players around, I'd be interested as well.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS