Card Availability

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Husemann

Husemann

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:38 AM

So I've recently decided to delve into this game after my local meta picked it up a while back. After buying what was available to me at the time, I'm looking to pickup the rest. Unfortunately, I hear something about the first two data packs being out of print or some regular ffg nonsense, and then see them on ebay for 40-60 bucks each.

Has there been any word on getting those back in print or something with the regional season coming up, or does someone wanting to be competitive really have to shell out over a hundred bucks just to make sure they have everything available?

#2 TheMadjai

TheMadjai

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:30 AM

What Lies Ahead is being reprinted, and will be available in a couple weeks I think.

Trace Amounts is still around in most places I've seen, and you can get it on Amazon for $15 or less.

#3 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 2,762 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:48 AM

The first pack, What Lies Ahead is already reprinted and  is currently on the boat and scheduled for a March release.

#4 Husemann

Husemann

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:54 PM

Very awesome to hear.

#5 SOGra

SOGra

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:09 PM

Both are available in limited quantities at Amazon.

I just ordered What Lies Ahead for $14.99 and Trace Amount for $19.99 tonight.

#6 Acids Echo

Acids Echo

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:17 AM

This is my first FF game and first attempt at a LCG. I am a bit put off by the fact the game isn't that old at all, but the first expansion pack (which by all accounts is a necessity for the game), is nearly impossible to get. 

The reprint and ship took nearly a month, then…

Google shop only shows three sellers and they are all backordered. One said they will be 17 short of their pre-orders with this shipment. There were four available on amazon for $20.00, an almost 100% markup on MSRP, and before I could finish check-out they were all purchased by poachers and reposted for $60+. This was a matter of seconds.

Also, the local brick and mortar store that should be carrying them is instead telling customers that their stores and websites are out of stock, but have marked up listings on Amazon. I called and asked about this directly and was given a go-around about holding a seperate stock and the mark-up being due to fees imposed by Amazon. Yet they were selling Cyber Exodus, also apparently "out of stock" in their stores and website, at MSRP?

So my experience thus far…a community indicating I am playing gimped without an expansion, having to wait a month for something "on the boat", re-sellers immediately snatching up copies as they appear online, and a company I used to think was respectable lying to the face of their local physical cosutomers in favor of price gouging.

And this expansion is *only* three months old!

Is this par for the course with FF games and LCGs? If so, I think that maybe this format isn't for me. Thus far I have spent more time card hunting than actually playing. That rat race is exactly why I got out of CCGs and what I thought LCGs were supposed to get away from.

#7 allgood

allgood

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:42 PM

Not exactly par for the course I'd say, but by all accounts this game has been a runaway success. Popular things do tend to sell out, while unfortunate, in this case I think that's just growing pains for this LCG. Replacements should be in soon enough, and other than that I'd recommend staying current with any subsequent data pack releases. 

#8 capbarclay

capbarclay

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:35 PM

It really seems like FFG hasn't known what they had all along, going back even to GenCon last year where the official statement is that they sold out of the core set in 15 minutes, but ask anybody who was there and it was closer to 5 minutes. But with the expansion reprints coming this week, you should be able to find reasonably-priced stock online by the weekend I would imagine.

And call your local gaming shop back and tell them that their price gouging means you're no longer going to buy anything from them, and you'll be shopping online from now on. I like supporting my FLGS, but that's because they're mostly not jerks.

#9 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 2,762 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:48 AM

The reprint for What Lies Ahead and Trace Amounts are already shipping to stores and should be arriving soon. This game is crazy popular and seems to be gaining popularity so act fast don't wait to buy a pack or preorder them with your local store. I get 3 copies of every pack as they come out put on hold for my friends and I so we don't miss out.

#10 randomblink

randomblink

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:28 AM

capbarclay said:

And call your local gaming shop back and tell them that their price gouging means you're no longer going to buy anything from them, and you'll be shopping online from now on. I like supporting my FLGS, but that's because they're mostly not jerks.

That's a good point. All this "Buy Local" crap only works if local doesn't try to nuke your pocketbook. Asshats.

#11 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 2,762 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:55 AM

What Lies Ahead and Trace Amount reprints are both listed as of today as In Stores Now.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS