Skychapon

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:32 AM

Hi FFg team,

We have some issue to clearly undestrand this card :

Subzero Defense

Enhance your play area.

Destroy the first ennemy unit to strike against a friendly Hott objective each turn, after its strike resolves.

With my play group we have 2 differents visions of the meaning of "strike against a friendly Hott objective" :

1- any DS unit engaged in an attack against a LS objective strike AGAINST the engaged objective

2- only DS units engaged with blast icon (that can actually damage the objective directly by striking) are considered striking AGAINST the engaged objective

There is no arguments in the rules that explain what is "against an objective". can we have an official clarification on this term?

Thanks a lot for this great game!

#2 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,369 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:29 AM

Since you want an official FFG ruling you will need to email them using the rules questions link on the bottom of the page, as they do not answer questions on the forum.

#3 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,430 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:36 AM

Toqtamish speaks truth.  Unofficially though, I'm 95% sure that the ruling is going to be any attacking unit that strikes in an engagement is considered to be striking against the defending objective - blast damage icons or not.

#4 Rogue 4

Rogue 4

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:42 AM

I agree. rememeber before you use any icons, you have to place a focus token on your character causing you to "strike" the objective with your icons.

Millennium Falcon, Rebel Transport, Tantive IV, A-Wing x2, B-wing, E-Wing, X-wing x4, Y-wing, Z95 Headhunter x2, HWK-290, TIE Fighter x 5, TIE Advanced x1, TIE Bomber, x1, TIE Interceptor x1, TIE Defender, TIE Phantom,  Imperial Aces, Slave I, Lambda Shuttle

#5 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,369 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:47 AM

I agree as well but since an "official" response was requested I have gone ahead and emailed Nate to ask him for a ruling.

#6 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,369 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:05 AM

And Nate says we were all right:

The first enemy unit that strikes during an engagement against a Hoth objective. The icons the unit has do not matter.

#7 Skychapon

Skychapon

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:22 AM

Thanks a lot for the response and the method! :)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS