OCTGN Tournament - Round 1!

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,316 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:34 PM

Thank you everyone for participating in the tournament.  Just below, you will find your first round pairings.  But before we get to those, there are a few things to go over:

Rules

The tournament will be run using the rules from the FFG Official Tournament Guide with the following exceptions:

-I’m participating without a 2nd TO.  The nature of the online tournament makes it so that I won’t really be a resource for rulings anyways.

-If a rules dispute does come up, you can try to PM me, but feel free to use any other resources, including the FFG Rules Questions forum

-Instead of flipping a coin to determine starting side, I will randomly assign them.  If you and your opponent mutually agree on another way to pick starting sides, feel free to use that instead.

-No time limit

Logistics

-There will be 4 rounds of Swiss, followed by a cut to Top 4 and elimination rounds.

-Both players should report scores to me via PM.  As this is a new score system for all of us, both players should submit which player won each game, the number of objectives each player destroyed, and the position of the Death Star dial for each game

-The participating players are responsible for arranging the exact play time for games.  If you are having trouble, please let me know so that I can try to help out.

-As per the normal tournament rules, no changes to your decks will be allowed between rounds.  You are on your honor for this one.

-I encourage you to take plenty of notes during your matches.  And then, at the end of the tournament to post a tournament report.  Also, while I will not require deck lists to be posted, I do suggest posting your decks and your results afterwards.  The more information out there,  the better everyone can get.

-I will be enlisting my wife’s help for randomizing things.  I will be printing out actual score cards for each player and randomizing via shuffling just as I would in a real-life tournament.

-OCTGN is good, but not perfect.  Watch for errors in its automation.  Also, be careful to allow your opponent time to perform actions in the action windows.

-Similarly, have patience with your opponent working with OCTGN.  Some people (including myself) have just installed it within the last week in order to do this.

-If you’re one of the people who I don’t know the FFG Forum username for, please let me know (or make an account).  It will help you in contacting your opponent for the round and arranging the games.

Prizes

Bragging rights!  Unless somebody comes up with a better idea or Team Covenant wants to make us a badge or some such thing.

Round 1 Pairings:

Without further ado, here are the 1st round pairings.  The player listed first will be starting with Light Side.  Players are listed with their OCTGN username first and FFG username in parenthesis.

1. grover3870 (Rogue 3) vs. red5ccg (dbmeboy)

2. Shikaku (Shikaku) vs. marcr (Troopershark)

3. JMCB? (JMCB) vs. brad_harrington (Brad Harrington)

4. Chlemtil (Chlemtil) vs. Bazeleel ()

5. nckball (RedSquadronK) vs. warren12 (Warren12)

6. Erthafein (TheErthafein) vs. Hucklebarry (sWhiteboy)

7. ScottNJ (ScottieATF) vs. jzwink ()

8. Jedi_Knight (Jedi_Knight) vs. MasterJediAdam (MasterJediAdam)

9. yobo93 bye vs. doctormungmung ()

10. sageleader (sageleader) vs. agnos (agnos)

I’d like to have this round finished by the end of the day on Wednesday, 3/6/2013.  Don’t hesitate to let me know if you’re having any problems or have any questions.  Good luck to everyone!

#2 Holliday88

Holliday88

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:12 AM

Does OCTGN have a way to record the games?

North Carolina Facebook Group

Join the resource for connecting players across NC.

#3 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,316 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:36 AM

Holliday88 said:

Does OCTGN have a way to record the games?

That I don't know for sure.  I've personally only played 3 games on it so far.  I think it does though.  If anyone wants to post how to do that, I would appreciate it.

#4 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,316 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:53 AM

If your opponent does not have a FFG forums username listed, that means that they signed up via the Team Covenant page.  You can find them there via the comments at the bottom of this link.  If you have not already, I highly recommend checking out the Team Covenant page as a great place to discuss this game, as well as several other FFG games.

#5 MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:09 AM

SO you have two jedi squaring off huh?

Also, can we start early?

Welcome to the machine!

#6 MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:15 AM

Also, I have created a scorecard for use in tournaments; if you are interested, PM me.

Welcome to the machine!

#7 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,316 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:43 AM

MasterJediAdam said:

SO you have two jedi squaring off huh?

Also, can we start early?

Blame my wife, she did the shuffling ;-)

You can start as soon as you want.  I actually created my own score cards already (via photoshop and the SWCCG command cards as a starting template), but I'd be interested in seeing what you've come up with too if you'd like to PM me a link.

#8 MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:24 PM

Funny enough, I did a similar thing!

Welcome to the machine!

#9 agnos

agnos

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:09 PM

Can I recommend having the time frame for matches be 1 week specifically Sunday to Saturday.  This lets you update matches on Sunday, gives a bit of communication time and time to play.  4 days to organize a time to play and play is pretty short imo especially as people may have legitimate IRL hangups.

#10 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,316 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:25 AM

I will definitely extend thetime if ppeople are telling me that they're having trouble getting the games in. The reason I left it that short in the first place was to try to get the tournament as finished as possible before too many real regionals started. My plan was to have at least one full weekend in each round though. Once again though, send me a message if you're having trouble scheduling your games and I can and will extend the round. Wednesday is more like a goal than a deadline.

#11 MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:07 AM

For a minute, I thought this was going to be the day of SWLCG; like I was going to play online all day. I was kind of sad and kind of relieved that this is not the case.

Welcome to the machine!

#12 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,316 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:58 AM

MasterJediAdam said:

For a minute, I thought this was going to be the day of SWLCG; like I was going to play online all day. I was kind of sad and kind of relieved that this is not the case.

Come now, the tournament itself only makes you play 2 games… not all day ;-).

I would like to point out, in case it makes a difference to anyone, that I don't care if you play those 2 games back-to-back or not.  If you play a game today and don't play the next one until a couple of days later, that works just as well as playing straight through.

#13 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,316 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:17 AM

I just received a message from yobo93 that he would have to drop from the tournament.  He will be treated as a bye this round and replaced by a bye in future rounds.

#14 JMCB

JMCB

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:53 AM

To Brad Harrington (since you're probably a TC member and not a FFG member) - When is a good time to play?

Top Tier Gaming, a community dedicated to Star Wars: The Card Game - http://toptiergaming.com
Follow us on Twitter - @toptiergaming
Like us on Facebook - facebook.com/toptiergaming
Streaming games on Twitch - twitch.tv/TeamTopTierGaming

#15 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,316 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:40 AM

JMCB said:

To Brad Harrington (since you're probably a TC member and not a FFG member) - When is a good time to play?

Brad Harrington is actually on the FFG site with the username Brad Harrington.

#16 JMCB

JMCB

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:02 PM

I got his friend request now, but before, whenever I tried to look him up, it would say "not found". Made sure I had his name spelt right. God, this forum system is so slow and messed up…

Top Tier Gaming, a community dedicated to Star Wars: The Card Game - http://toptiergaming.com
Follow us on Twitter - @toptiergaming
Like us on Facebook - facebook.com/toptiergaming
Streaming games on Twitch - twitch.tv/TeamTopTierGaming

#17 agnos

agnos

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:23 PM

Sageleader is out of town until the 9th.  I'm trying to work out a time to play around then; so ideally it'd be peachy if the finish by date could be moved back.

#18 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,316 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:11 AM

agnos said:

Sageleader is out of town until the 9th.  I'm trying to work out a time to play around then; so ideally it'd be peachy if the finish by date could be moved back.

Can do. Let's aim for the 9th for everyone else and you two asap after that. I'll post round 2 as soon as I have your results.

#19 Roman_Sandal

Roman_Sandal

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:44 PM

dmeboy,

Hey mate didn't get a chance to jump on this tourny. I'm still watching it with great interest though.

Are you able to post the round one results (as a whole) if its not too time consuming?

Thanks Roman

#20 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,316 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:39 PM

Roman_Sandal said:

dmeboy,

Hey mate didn't get a chance to jump on this tourny. I'm still watching it with great interest though.

Are you able to post the round one results (as a whole) if its not too time consuming?

Thanks Roman

I will post full Round 1 results here when I post the Round 2 pairings.  In the meantime, I'm posting results as they come in on my Team Covenant blog (see link in my signature).  It's just easier to edit posts on that site, or I would be posting them here too.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS