Wave 2 review (game night kit included)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Torresse

Torresse

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:11 PM

Alright, so wave 2 finally hit the store today, and the game night kits came aswell!

I have finally faced off the dreaded picasso-han hybrid list. It is extremely deadly. The list I ran was the one Ive been thinking about for a long time. While the falcon is a beast, its no match against 2 named tie intercepters with stealth darting out and staying at range 2-3.

The most OPed ship goes to the Tie intercepter. At 18 points, these are the top dog fighting ship, (at 25 and 27 points, they are the top dog fighters)

The weakest ship goes to the Slave 1 (useable, so Ill admit the game is still balanced -with the only exception being marrek)

The ship that allows the most synergy with your force goes to the falcon (Lando to be most specific)

The ship that is a good filler is the A wing. Not horrible, but not something I want to take head to head against an intercepter.

Lists I feel Ill see allot of during regionals:

Lando+niam numb, Biggs+stealth+R2-F2, and filler ship

Han solo+marksmenship+gunner,+2 xwings

5 intercepters (possible lots of stealth too)

3 intercepters, 3 ties (one tie being Howl runner)

These lists are very solid and though I expect to see random elite teams in play, these seem to be whats popular.

So The game night kits came with 9 jumbo cards this time! -I know your not excited like Im not-  and lots of target locks, perhaps the most target locks you could ever need in a 100 point game with 5 of the cheapest target locking ability ships. They are colored different (Red and green) and arnt lettered, but numbers 1-5, and get 2 sets of each. (thats 20 accrylic tokens!) The numbers are easy to read (though 5 looks like an s) The paint job is a lacking on them. 

This is one of the main reasons Xwing is awesome! http://community.fan...ake-long/page-4

#2 Picasso

Picasso

• Members
  • 639 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:11 AM

I think the Game night kit was weak.  Lacking.  I wish it came with missions.

I agree with your assessment of lists you will see in tournies.

I don't agree with your assessment of the Slave One.  It takes time to learn that ship.  Just like Y-wings, Good players who can fly will make that ship great.  Also you said nothing about the upgrade cards that come in the large ship's boxes.  

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS