Photo

Stop breaking your teeth! Stars of Inequity System Generator!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 susanbrindle

susanbrindle

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:34 PM

So, my friend Citizen_001 took it upon himself  to rig up a quick system generator for the new Stars of Inquity book.

It's not perfect, but it's miles better than doing it by hand. It has a few quirks (It always chooses the +2 Habilitability bonus for Haven systems) but all in all it seems to be a very accurate mechanization of the otherwise tedious process of system generation. Note that once you run the program, you have to right click the top (next to maximize and minimize) and hit edit, then select all, then copy, and then paste it into notepad or word or whatever.

http://www.mediafire...3se26bk6u97dey6

#2 auer

auer

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:23 PM

"Archive Download Blocked" - cannot download

#3 SirFrog

SirFrog

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:03 PM

Indeed, it can't be downloaded.

#4 susanbrindle

susanbrindle

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:08 AM

Stupid Mediafire. http://www.mediafire...8cndk7ts5a8n9z4 try this link?

#5 auer

auer

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:19 AM

The download works.

About the program: Itt will be nice if the program export somehow the generated system. eg to a txt file. There is no way to copy the results - except manually wich is very frustrating.

#6 SirFrog

SirFrog

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:27 AM

It works, and is really nice. Barebones, but functional. I'd just like the functionality to copy it all to clipboard or write it to a text file. This CAN be done from the window, but it is kind of annoying. The ability to generate another system immediatly would also be nice.

#7 Iku Rex

Iku Rex

• Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:53 AM

The file you attempted to download is an archive that is damaged or possibly encrypted. MediaFire does not support unlimited downloads of broken or encrypted archives and the limit for this file has been reached. This file may only be distributed from a premium account.

We have informed the owner that sharing of this file has been limited and how they can resolve this issue.

That's Chrome. Opera doesn't seem to work with Mediafire at all (blank screen).

#8 TiLT

TiLT

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:02 AM

For the record, this is not the same generator application that I'm working on. Mine will be more advanced and features a full user interface, but on the other hand will only work in Windows. I need to get my rear-end in gear and finish this. :)

#9 susanbrindle

susanbrindle

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:10 AM

TiLT said:

For the record, this is not the same generator application that I'm working on. Mine will be more advanced and features a full user interface, but on the other hand will only work in Windows. I need to get my rear-end in gear and finish this. :)

I'm definitely looking forward to your pretty version! I'm still really happy with Citizen's as a stopgap though.

RE: Tediuous process of copy-pasting the output

Citizen said that the way he'd coded it, having it output to a text file would break the ability to have it prompt you on system features. You can still right-click and hit "select all" and then paste it into word though.

#10 SirFrog

SirFrog

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:36 AM

True, right-clicking on the windowframe lets you mark and copy stuff from the prompt.

Also, do you mind if I share the link to this file on other sites? I figured it's a good thing until TiLT has made the more complete version.

PS: I'm going to make another generator in python, but that's mainly for practice and personal use.

#11 susanbrindle

susanbrindle

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 02:23 PM

SirFrog said:

True, right-clicking on the windowframe lets you mark and copy stuff from the prompt.

Also, do you mind if I share the link to this file on other sites? I figured it's a good thing until TiLT has made the more complete version.

PS: I'm going to make another generator in python, but that's mainly for practice and personal use.

The current link is my own personal Mediafire, and I'm unclear enough regarding the workings of Mediafire that I'd hate to discover that I've passed some benchmark and must now give them 20 dollars to continue sharing files with my friends for free. I'd much prefer if you uploaded the file to some other website, and shared it that way instead.

Besides that, feel free to redistribute the file as you see fit- Citizen made it clear that he wrote the generator purely out of boredom and kindness.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS