• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Leogun_91

Leogun_91

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:54 AM

Hi.

So I started making some systems in Stars of Inequity until I came upon one with a Stellar Anomaly, after a short while I found out that I knew of very few stellar anomalies and none which I felt worked well with what I had in mind. Could someone help me with some cool suggestions for these with short descriptions of what they are in laymans terms. The Stars of Inequity book gives no anomality suggestions and my knowledge of the subject comes from a few movies (and not documentaries either).

#2 Erathia

Erathia

• Members
  • 533 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:30 PM

Leogun_91 said:

Hi.

So I started making some systems in Stars of Inequity until I came upon one with a Stellar Anomaly, after a short while I found out that I knew of very few stellar anomalies and none which I felt worked well with what I had in mind. Could someone help me with some cool suggestions for these with short descriptions of what they are in laymans terms. The Stars of Inequity book gives no anomality suggestions and my knowledge of the subject comes from a few movies (and not documentaries either).

• This system is not set up in the expected fashion. When generating the Habitation Zones, switch the Inner Cauldron and the Outer Reaches.
  • A faint background noise is echoing through the ship the source of which cannot be pointed down. If Starship combat begins, you realise that for whatever reason your crew can make a test to realise that Sound is being transmitted through the Void.
  • The light of this star causes your sensors to provide odd readings. When you fail a Scrutiny test with the ship's sensors, you receive information on the object you were scanning, but you should roll Scatter to determine where the Auger reports the object to be.
  • Whenever you look at the star of this system, the center of it appears to be dark and deadened, though the sensors report nothing wrong.

Are these the sorts of thing you're looking for, or did you want more "hard science" explanations?

Citizens of Grace! We have defeated both the Dark Eldar and Ork menaces that threatened your system! We need no thanks nor payments, so long as you do not leave the atmosphere during our salvage operations under pain of death! - Jequin Hos of The Hos Dynasty

#3 Leogun_91

Leogun_91

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:42 PM

Erathia said:

Leogun_91 said:

Hi.

• This system is not set up in the expected fashion. When generating the Habitation Zones, switch the Inner Cauldron and the Outer Reaches.
  • A faint background noise is echoing through the ship the source of which cannot be pointed down. If Starship combat begins, you realise that for whatever reason your crew can make a test to realise that Sound is being transmitted through the Void.
  • The light of this star causes your sensors to provide odd readings. When you fail a Scrutiny test with the ship's sensors, you receive information on the object you were scanning, but you should roll Scatter to determine where the Auger reports the object to be.
  • Whenever you look at the star of this system, the center of it appears to be dark and deadened, though the sensors report nothing wrong.

Are these the sorts of thing you're looking for, or did you want more "hard science" explanations?

Kind of what I was looking for, didn't look for rules for it but that's just an added bonus.

With those four I'm up to six anomaly ideas so I have enough to make a few systems rolling this. Thanks.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS