How many more . . . . (Wave 2 edition)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 SteveSpikes

SteveSpikes

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:30 PM

Now that I have my hands on the initial offering from Wave 2 (one YT-1300, one Firespray, two each of the A-Wing and TIE Interceptor), how many more models should get my hands on to be (somewhat) effective?  I am thinking about getting at least one - two more of the A-Wing and Interceptor in the near future

(My Wave 1 collection is in my sig below.)

#2 Vorpal Sword

Vorpal Sword

• Members
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:39 PM

I have one Interceptor, and bought four of each Wave 2 fighter plus two Firesprays and one Falcon.

There are squads I want to try with 3 and 4 A-wings, since their low cost and ability to mount missiles make them fairly effective alpha strikers. There are definitely squads I want to try with 4 or even 5 Interceptors. I don't have a good reason for buying the second Firespray, other than I wanted extra Stealth Devices, and had a gift certificate burning a hole in my pocket.

It's hard to say how many "enough" is, though. I bought the upper limit for the number of Interceptors you can field, and almost as many A-wings… but I'm interested in tournament play and having the flexibility to build (almost) whatever list occurs to me. I'm also the main supplier for a couple of friends who like the game but aren't able to invest in it the way I am, so I want to make sure I have enough for them to play what they want and/or what looks cool.

…I'm not sure I'm making much sense, but I hope that helps!

#3 Kaxel Vofer

Kaxel Vofer

• Members
  • 470 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:31 AM

I think it always depend of your needs, if you friends play with a good amouint of points you will need a lot of ships, or if your friends don't have this game and you need to let him, you need a lot of ships, but normally you only need two or three ships of each one, greettings.

"That the reward for you, don´t be so high".

Kaxel Vofer.

#4 dandirk

dandirk

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:06 AM

I would play with the ones you have and see which lists you like and are "reasonable".  Which ships would be fun to have "more" of.. then go from there.

I generally provide all pieces in the games I play, but I have found some common ship needs with Wave1 and I am sure the same will happen in Wave 2…

1. 4 x-wing squads are plenty and common, have 4 of these

2. Hardly ever play more then 2 Tie Adv, ususally just one, Vader.

3. Same with y wing, don't see a ton of value getting more then 2 (unless non-standard pt match like 200 or something).

For wave 2… I would quess…

1. 4-5 Tie int might be a plausible squad

2. I don't see 2 large ship squads as anything more then a fun thing to try once.  Maybe the firespray though????

3. While a complete a-wing squad might be do-able… I can't see more then 4 needed and in most cases 2-3, x-wings are still very viable and I just don't see not using them in a rebel build.

#5 afilter

afilter

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:08 AM

I will have 1 each of the YT-1300 and Firespray and 3 each of the fighters.  I may do one more each of the Interceptor and A-Wing.  Unless FFG announces a way to get more upgrde cards I can see people buying extra YT-1300 and Firesprays just for the cards.  Especially the Firespray with 2 stealth upgrades and the Veteran Instincts included. 

As for running multiple large ships in a single game I doubt it is something I would be interested in, but I am sure we will see many builds that include them.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS