Photo

New FAQ (1.4) and Tournament Format Rules on the Support Page!

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Mattr0polis

Mattr0polis

• Members
  • 821 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:32 PM

The forums are acting stupid here again, but just wanted to point this out to people because there doesn't seem to be a News article on the front page about it.

1. A new FAQ (1.4) is up, with a BUNCH of errata and other clarifications. Big ones are Master of Lore, Feint, Narvi's Belt, Thror's Map, Blocking Wargs, and a bunch of others.

2. A Tournament Format document is also up! FINALLY! It's two teams versus each other each round, playing the same scenario and using a chess clock. First team to complete the Quest wins. Pretty cool. This is probably why there is so much errata in the FAQ this time, to remove as much NPE stuff as possible in preparation for these tournaments.

#2 Mattr0polis

Mattr0polis

• Members
  • 821 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:48 PM

Normally I hate erratas in a game but most of these seem like okay fixes with tournaments coming. Lots of NPE stuff fixed.

Stuff we can't do anymore:

-Use Feint to block the Balrog for the whole team.

-Use Narvi's Belt to name 'Bilbo Sphere'.

-Thror's Map for infinite Path of Need.

-Master of Lore to do the infinite draw/infinite everything deck.

#3 GrandSpleen

GrandSpleen

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:30 PM

Mattr0polis said:

It's two teams versus each other each round, playing the same scenario and using a chess clock. First team to complete the Quest wins.

Let the table-slapping commence!!

#4 ricedwlit

ricedwlit

• Members
  • 401 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:59 PM

Glad to see Blocking wargs got nerfed.  It's still a bad card to get, but now that it doesn't get shuffled back into the encounter deck, there's more of a chance to win by skill, not just blind luck.  Also, no longer any chance of "instant loss" due to the last few cards all being copies of Blocking Warg.

#5 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:08 PM

Faq is ok. I dont really like a surge, doomed and guarded will not triggered anymore when they just add to the staiging area. This make game more easy and i hate it. Tournament system is also ok. But now dwarves so powerful we will see thorin dain decks against other dain thorin decks. This stupid. Sure we need kind of restricted list for tournament.

Wizard is never late.......

Glaurung playtrough LOTR LCG on youtube :

http://www.youtube.com/user/olegyd   

#6 NotAZombie

NotAZombie

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:30 PM

I think the FAQ is pretty spot on this time. Answered a lot of questions I had and most of the erretas are almost just clarifications. And as always, if you don't like it, when you are playing, feel free to ignore ;)

#7 Sprenger

Sprenger

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:39 AM

Thror's Map is the only card that I felt got nerfed (player card wise). It makes since that it is a Travel action but stil it was nice to control the staging area when several high threat location are revealed. I think I will be dropping this out my decks for something alittle more useful.  

Light Side: 4 X-Wings, 3 Y-Wings, 2 A-Wings, 2 Hwks, 1 Falcon & 1 B-Wing

Dark Side: 6 Fighters, 2 Advanced, 2 Interceptors, 2 Fire Sprays, 2 Bombers, 1 Shuttle

#8 Dain Ironfoot

Dain Ironfoot

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:03 AM

Glaurung said:

Faq is ok. I dont really like a surge, doomed and guarded will not triggered anymore when they just add to the staiging area. This make game more easy and i hate it. Tournament system is also ok. But now dwarves so powerful we will see thorin dain decks against other dain thorin decks. This stupid. Sure we need kind of restricted list for tournament.

it's not all that often that cards aren't revealed from the encounter deck though, right?

"(1.01) Encounter Keywords

Surge, Doomed, and Guarded keywords should be resolved any time the card on which they occur is revealed from the encounter deck, including during setup. "

i don't remember the wording of this section before but it doesn't seem like it's weakening the game to much unless my memory is just failing me at the moment (which it totally could be).

#9 Mattr0polis

Mattr0polis

• Members
  • 821 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:22 AM

Cards aren't added instead of revealed *SUPER OFTEN*, but often enough throughout all of the quests that it adds a little bit of extra difficulty.

Definitely a ruling that makes the game slightly easier now.

#10 Dain Ironfoot

Dain Ironfoot

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:39 AM

Mattr0polis said:

Cards aren't added instead of revealed *SUPER OFTEN*, but often enough throughout all of the quests that it adds a little bit of extra difficulty.

Mattr0polis said:

wasn't this already the case, at least with surge?

#11 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:52 AM

There is a lot of examles: Rhosgobel quest: when you explore a location which one can bring athelas in play: athelas will be not guarded.

Southron outpost triggered by Leutenant of Mordor is not doomed 3 anymore.

When you get back some orcs from discard pile surge will not triggered and so on.

Wizard is never late.......

Glaurung playtrough LOTR LCG on youtube :

http://www.youtube.com/user/olegyd   

#12 Pharmboys2013

Pharmboys2013

• Members
  • 790 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:01 AM

kinda disappointed by the changes to Nori and Thror's map.  They were good cards in their own right but ones i never felt were overpowered.  Might just continue playing them with their original text, i'm not around any competitive environment so it doesnt matter that much.

"His life is charmed, or fate spares him for some other end."

#13 kennoastic

kennoastic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:22 AM

>>>>

Glauring said:

>>>

Agree. A restricted/banned list for tournaments could've worked instead of erratas (assuming the erratas is for tournaments…)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS