YT-1300, Weapons Engineer upgrade.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Harleequin

Harleequin

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:28 PM

Okay so it's my understanding that the YT-1300 along with most other ships who have target lock, can only have one target lock at a time. However the crew member upgrade "Weapons Engineer" says

"You may maintain 2 target locks (only 1 per enemy ship) When you acquire a target lock, you may lock onto 2 different ships. "

Now what is confusing me is, is the ability to "lock onto 2 different ships" refer to when I make a target lock with ANY of my ships? Or Just the YT-1300? And if it's with the YT-1300, and I target lock someone, and I'm able to lock onto 2 different ships, can I maintain 3 locks with the YT-1300 now? Or still just two? Or would I lock onto a ship, then take off the lock, and put 2 locks onto any ships I want? Also do the ships being locked onto, have to be in range of regular target lock range?

#2 RogueLieutenant

RogueLieutenant

• Members
  • 275 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:48 PM

I'm pretty sure the Falcon would have two BLUE lock tokens and their RED corresponding tokens would be on two seperate enemy ships. 

This only applies to the Falcon, who has the weapons engineer. And taking these target locks would follow normal rules, meaning they'd need to be in range to lock onto them. 

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

#3 Harleequin

Harleequin

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:29 PM

Now what about the part that says "when you acquire a target lock, acquire 2 more target locks" still curious as to how that works, as it would be 3 seperate locks. Which would be fine all on one ship, but the card says you can maintain only two.

#4 ScottieATF

ScottieATF

• Members
  • 712 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:54 PM

You've qouted the text of the upgrade differently in different posts, your confusion may stem from that.

When you have the WE and take a Target Lock Action, you aquire two target locks on two enemy ships.

#5 starman

starman

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:49 AM

The rules state the cards can contradict and overrule them.

So 2x target locks instead of 1 and on different targets.

The only rule changed is the number of locks so all other rules are in effect.

#6 starman

starman

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:49 AM

The rules state the cards can contradict and overrule them.

So 2x target locks instead of 1 and on different targets.

The only rule changed is the number of locks so all other rules are in effect.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS