Dropping objects after death

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JBouthietteJr

JBouthietteJr

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:41 AM

So I'll be picking up Talisman this week to play with my gaming crew and have been reviewing the rules so we may ease right into playing. Knowing that,  what I'm about to ask might be really obvious and easy to figure out in-game but it's the only thing that is confusing me right now based on just reading the rules and briefly scouring the FAQ:

If a character is killed, their Objects, Magic Objects, gold and Followers are dropped on the space in which they died. So in this hypothetical situation, the character dropped two Objects and a Follower in a Woods space. The Woods space says to draw one Adventure card for its encounter: but there's already the three because of the recently killed character.

What do you do? Draw one Adventure card, resolve it, then stake your claim in the remaining cards? That's how I'd understand it to be. But does that mean you could ditch a card and continue adding to the pile?

Thanks for the help in advance. As I said, not having actually played the game, these are just a few of the questions I have going into it.

TIE Fighter x7 / TIE Advanced x1 / TIE Bomber x3 / TIE Interceptor x8 [Aces x3] / TIE Defender x2 / TIE Phantom x2 / Lambda-Class Shuttle x2 / Firespray-31 x1
X-Wing x3 / A-Wing x3 / B-Wing x1 / HWK-290 x1 / YT-1300 x1

#2 Draii

Draii

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:49 PM

The board states information about what to do.
In most cases a text like "do not draw a card if there already is one here" is printed

So in your case, no card is drawn, since the dropped cards counts as this card (and some more).

So just land on the space and encounter those cards in order, pick them up if you want them and have room for them.

Welcome to Talisman =)

#3 frogemoth

frogemoth

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:40 AM

Also if a character is killed in combat by another character, the victor can take all the spoils ;)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS