"After Refresh" Question

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:04 AM

So the recently released FAQ clarifies that "after refresh" actions happen after step 3 of the refresh phase. This means they happen before the action window opens correct?

Welcome to the machine!

#2 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:33 AM

MasterJediAdam said:

So the recently released FAQ clarifies that "after refresh" actions happen after step 3 of the refresh phase. This means they happen before the action window opens correct?

That is correct.  Note that they also errated two of the "after you refresh" cards to "after your refresh phase" which means those 2 cards trigger after the action window.

#3 MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:45 PM

That is what I understood. It was unfortunate that I was on the action window side.

Welcome to the machine!

#4 Rogue 4

Rogue 4

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:03 AM

And remember because of this, Fleeing the Empire does not work if you reveal it as one of your first three objectives on your first turn since you skip the refresh phase.

Millennium Falcon, Rebel Transport, Tantive IV, A-Wing x2, B-wing, E-Wing, X-wing x4, Y-wing, Z95 Headhunter x2, HWK-290, TIE Fighter x 5, TIE Advanced x1, TIE Bomber, x1, TIE Interceptor x1, TIE Defender, TIE Phantom,  Imperial Aces, Slave I, Lambda Shuttle

#5 SmokeyJ

SmokeyJ

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:18 AM

Rogue 4 said:

And remember because of this, Fleeing the Empire does not work if you reveal it as one of your first three objectives on your first turn since you skip the refresh phase.

That doesn't seem right. The rulebook says:

2. Refresh Phase
The active player takes the following steps in order:
1. He removes one focus token from each card in his play area. (Any effect with the text “after you refresh” can be used after completing this step.)

Exception: During his first turn only, the LS player does not take this step of the refresh phase.

So they only skip the first step of the refresh phase, not the entire refresh phase, so Fleeing the Empire does work on the LS players first turn as the Refresh Phase does occur, it just skips the remove focus token step.

#6 Rogue 4

Rogue 4

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:51 AM

I stand corrected, thanks for helping me realize that!

Millennium Falcon, Rebel Transport, Tantive IV, A-Wing x2, B-wing, E-Wing, X-wing x4, Y-wing, Z95 Headhunter x2, HWK-290, TIE Fighter x 5, TIE Advanced x1, TIE Bomber, x1, TIE Interceptor x1, TIE Defender, TIE Phantom,  Imperial Aces, Slave I, Lambda Shuttle

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS