FFG forum points?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Holliday88

Holliday88

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:30 AM

So I have a question that's not exactly SW related or even really burning. I'm just curious. What are the 'My Points' listed next to my name? What do they do? How do you get them?

North Carolina Facebook Group

Join the resource for connecting players across NC.

#2 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:33 AM

Holliday88 said:

So I have a question that's not exactly SW related or even really burning. I'm just curious. What are the 'My Points' listed next to my name? What do they do? How do you get them?

They apparently used to do something, but do not any more.  I believe the current ways to get them are for posting in a forum or subforum for the first time and for starting a new topic for the first time in a forum or subforum.  I might be wrong about that, but it doesn't really matter as the points don't do anything now.

#3 Holliday88

Holliday88

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:37 AM

dbmeboy said:

Holliday88 said:

They apparently used to do something, but do not any more.  I believe the current ways to get them are for posting in a forum or subforum for the first time and for starting a new topic for the first time in a forum or subforum.  I might be wrong about that, but it doesn't really matter as the points don't do anything now.

No wonder I couldn't find anything about it.  Cool, thanks! 

North Carolina Facebook Group

Join the resource for connecting players across NC.

#4 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,256 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:36 AM

They used to matter for random draws. Now they just are kind of a meter of how much you post and in how many different sections of the forums.

#5 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

The Uncanny One

• Members
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:06 AM

There was a guy once that made a bot or some kind of script that went through all the forums and posted the same new topic in each one. We could all tell it was fishy because he was a brand new user with thousands of points.

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

#6 jasonconlon

jasonconlon

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:51 PM

Sounds like the raffles have been discontinued, but the Fantasy Flight web site still promotes them - ttp://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_comunidad_ventajas.asp

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS