3 replies to this topic

#1 RogueLieutenant

RogueLieutenant

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:48 AM

This was on the FAQ.

Q: Can Garven Dreis spend a focus token to 
modify dice even if he didn’t roll any [focus] symbols?
A: Yes.

Can someone explain this to me? I don't understand how he could modify dice with a focus from what it says on his card which says:

After spending a focus token, you may place that token on any other friendly ship at Range 1-2 (instead of discarding it).

I have ships. 

#2 radiskull

radiskull

• Members
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:52 AM

EVERYONE can modify dice with a focus token - that's what the focus token does.  What this ruling does is clarifies that you can modify zero dice, if you wish, to take advantage of Garven's ability.

#3 RogueLieutenant

RogueLieutenant

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:56 AM

radiskull said:

EVERYONE can modify dice with a focus token - that's what the focus token does.  What this ruling does is clarifies that you can modify zero dice, if you wish, to take advantage of Garven's ability.

Ah this makes sense now. Thank you for explaining it. The wording of the FAQ made it sound like he could still change dice with a focus even though he hadn't rolled any eyeballs. 

All clear now. :)

I have ships. 

#4 Kaxel Vofer

Kaxel Vofer

• Members
  • 504 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:08 PM

It's means that you could discard the focus token when you want, even if you don't use to change the eye simbols on the dice, so you could discard at byour entire wish, after your attack, greettings.

"That the reward for you, don´t be so high".

Kaxel Vofer.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS