New at game. Need help please!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 NerdRulez

NerdRulez

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:11 AM

Hello fellow card players. I recently bought this game for me and my architect buddy, and the directions don't seem to provide enough understanding. Can somebody please help us get going because we really want to play and understand this cool game.

#2 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,256 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:13 AM

Rule book is really good but if that fails you watch the tutorial video on the games support page. I posted the link above. 

#3 MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

• Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:43 PM

Agree here. The video tutorials are what I watched to get a pulse on the game.

Welcome to the machine!

#4 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,389 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:37 PM

Agree that the video tutorial is excellent. Don't be shy to post any questions you still have after watching it though. Also, if you can find anyone in your area who already plays the game, it's an easy game to learn by playing a few times.

#5 Rogue 4

Rogue 4

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:09 AM

Agreeed with the above, though none of us are "official" rules guys for the game, there are a few guys here that have a very good grasp of the game, (dbmeboy, Toq and ScottieATF to name a few).

There are also a few players that have blogs up that you can visit to give you tips on builds and some more detail on the mechanics that are very helpful.

Millennium Falcon, Rebel Transport, Tantive IV, A-Wing x2, B-wing, E-Wing, X-wing x4, Y-wing, Z95 Headhunter x2, HWK-290, TIE Fighter x 5, TIE Advanced x1, TIE Bomber, x1, TIE Interceptor x1, TIE Defender, TIE Phantom,  Imperial Aces, Slave I, Lambda Shuttle

#6 NerdRulez

NerdRulez

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:24 PM

Thanks. I have watched some vids on youtube. Helped alot, but I still don't fully understand shields. Can one player put shields on another players cards for a certain reason? How do shields actually work?

#7 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,389 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:42 AM

NerdRulez said:

Thanks. I have watched some vids on youtube. Helped alot, but I still don't fully understand shields. Can one player put shields on another players cards for a certain reason? How do shields actually work?

I think I answered your question about how shields work on your other thread, but I'll cover your other question here.

There are ways that you could put shields on an opponents card if you wanted to.  You cannot do it with the shielding keyword because the full rules for shielding (found on pg 25) specify that it must be a friendly unit or objective.  However, other cards which place shield tokens are not restricted to targeting friendly units unless they specifically say so.  For instance, the card Our Most Desperate Hour can be used to place a shield token on any Character unit, even your opponent's character.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS