Tie Interceptor not standing out…

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 RogueLieutenant

RogueLieutenant

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:36 AM

I won an Intercepter back in December at my local Kessel Run. 

I use it almost every time I play with my Imps (not in tournies of course) but despite it's awesome list of maneuvers and the boost action, I can't seem to make it feel like it's any more than slightly better than a regular Tie. 

It dies just as fast, so if I try to prolong that fate and skirt him around the edge of the fight he's relatively worthless. 

I'm having a hard time finding a good strategy to use with my Interceptor. 

Opinions on this? 

I have ships. 

#2 paradox23

paradox23

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:05 AM

My Interceptors seldom get shot.

You just have to know not to fly them like bumper cars, use range to your advantage, and when closing use boosts to flank out of firing arcs.  

#3 Picasso

Picasso

• Members
  • 634 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:16 PM

You have one.  If I saw one squint on the board I'd shoot everything at it. Until you support it with an equal threat, it's going to get shot. 

#4 R5Don4

R5Don4

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:31 PM

Wait until you get everything from wave 2 and more Squints, they get better.  These upgrades really make it shine:

Push the Limit

Stealth Device

Veteran Instincts

and Draw Their Fire for a bodyguard.

Engine Upgrade for support ships to keep up and use Daredevil without worry.

Great forum http://www.afewmaneuvers.com/index

Looking for a game in the Greater Toronto Area?  We can hook you up https://www.facebook...ups/6738327518/

#5 Cid_MCDP

Cid_MCDP

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:36 PM

RogueLieutenant said:

I won an Intercepter back in December at my local Kessel Run. 

I use it almost every time I play with my Imps (not in tournies of course) but despite it's awesome list of maneuvers and the boost action, I can't seem to make it feel like it's any more than slightly better than a regular Tie. 

It dies just as fast, so if I try to prolong that fate and skirt him around the edge of the fight he's relatively worthless. 

I'm having a hard time finding a good strategy to use with my Interceptor. 

Opinions on this? 

Which pilot are you fielding it as? What upgrades do you have on it?

What does the rest of your list look like?

#6 Parakitor

Parakitor

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:02 PM

@OP: I, too, only have a single TIE interceptor. For the exact reason you mention, I have mostly played "Fel's Wrath." His ability makes dying early not so bad, I guess.

But I agree with Paradox23. You've gotta play unpredictable. Since you know people gun for it, why don't you use it as bait? Just brainstorming, but if you use Boost to set up to cut across the enemy's flight path, then your opponent will assume you will bank or turn towards them next turn. So don't go there. Do a Koiogran 5, and line up your other ships to fire head-to-head against the enemy. I can't outline exactly how to do that because every game is a little different, but try to stay loose out there.

"That starship won't fly, Bastila."

#7 paradox23

paradox23

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:38 AM

I usually run both my interceptors if I'm running any.  Soontir Fel and Alpha Squad, both with stealth. Soontir usually gets Daredevil.  If you know your dials, you'll never let your opponent have good shots on your interceptors.  Constant flanks keep you in the lead.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS