x wing sound effects.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mrgoodtrips

mrgoodtrips

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:52 AM

Does anyone know where i can get decent sound fx of tie fighters n x wings firing lasers?  not very computer literate so dont know where to look.

Running a star wars day with my friends on 4th of may( May the 4th be with you) so would like to make our games that day more special with sound fx, yes i know its sad but thats just the way of things.

cheers

c

#2 Pygon

Pygon

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:57 AM

If you can acquire the XWing vs TIE Fighter CD ROM for PC, I think the installation has a sound folder with all the sound waves for the game.

Core/Wave 1: 4 X-Wings, 3 Y-Wings, 8 TIE Fighters, 3 TIE Advanceds; Wave 2: 2 YT-1300s, 3 A-Wings, 2 Firesprays, 3 TIE Interceptors

Wave 3: 3 B-Wings, 3 TIE Bombers, 3 HWK-290s, 2 Lambda Shuttles; Imperial Aces: 2 Royal Guard Interceptors, 2 Elite Interceptors

Huge ships: 1 Tantive IV, 2 Transports, 2 alternate X-Wings; Rebel Aces: 1 prototype A-Wing, 1 Elite B-Wing

Wave 4: 3 E-Wings, 6 Z95s, 3 TIE Defenders, 3 TIE Phantoms

#3 Red88

Red88

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:57 AM

here you go

http://starwars.com/...rds/#/?theme=04

#4 heychadwick

heychadwick

• Members
  • 438 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:54 AM

There are free apps for Star Wars Sound Collection (at least on Android).  There are 4 Tie Fighter shooting sound effects, 2 Ties blowing up, and a great Tie zooming by.  There is a Y wing ion cannon sound and an Xwing sound effect (says warming engine up, but good for moving).  There is NOT a good Xwing shooting effect.  Oh, there are targetting computer sounds and everything else, too!  

Very fun to use during a game.

#5 mrgoodtrips

mrgoodtrips

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:48 AM

Thanx to all these a great help.

c

#6 Mu0n

Mu0n

• Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:24 AM

I'm doing a x-wing miniatures focused sound app for android, just for my own amusement and to learn evermore about android development. So far, I can play 3 background music excerpts and some sound effects: x-wing shot, TIE shot, x-wing movement, TIE movement, explosions.. All are triggered by a list of buttons that can be scrolled, with images that quickly evoke what the sounds will play.

If anyone is interested when I've added some stuff and balanced the volume of each sound clip a little better than it is right now, I'll be happy to spread it. I probably won't put it in Google play because I've never done that and because legal issues, of course.

X[5]  Y[4]  A[5]  B[5]  H[3]  E[2]  Z[6]   YT-1300[2] GR-75 CR90

F[7]  A[2]  I[6]  B[5]  P[2]  D[3]  FS-31[2]  λ[2]

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS