FFG plastic tokens tourney legal?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Duraham

Duraham

• Members
  • 898 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:03 AM

Wondering if the FFG plastic tokens can be used for official events before i invest in a few sets. I've been having problems with the cardboard tokens, namely losing them when needing to pack up fast before the shop closes, and general wear and tear. Was considering buying a few boxes of the green ones to use as focus tokens

#2 radiskull

radiskull

• Members
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:46 AM

Yeah, there's nothing in the tourney rules that say you have to use the official tokens.  Lots of people at the world championship weekend last year were using custom tokens.

#3 Kaxel Vofer

Kaxel Vofer

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:53 PM

I think this tokens was made to replace the officials, and like Radiskull saids I don't see a problem using this , greetings.

"That the reward for you, don´t be so high".

Kaxel Vofer.

#4 nimdabew

nimdabew

• Members
  • 637 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:57 PM

Would there be any objection to use glass beads for ship hull/shield points? I have a ton of glass beads and a visual representation has worked really well in all my games but am worried about the "sanctioned components" part of the tournament rulebook and the disqualification from the tournament. 

#5 radiskull

radiskull

• Members
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:45 PM

Check with your TO to be sure, but I don't imagine that would be a problem.  I think what they're mostly concerned about is maneuver dials, ship bases, and the range ruler and maneuver templates. And probably asteroids.

Custom damage and shield tokens are probably fine.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS