Multiple stress tokens?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Disgruntled

Disgruntled

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:44 PM

Is it possible to get more than 1 stress token? At first it seems that obviously no, but a few special abilities leand themselves to it, and the rule book specifically says remove one stress token when you take a green maneuver.

Examples of specials that lend themselves to more than 1 stress token include Tycho's ignoring stress token for actions+push the limit or expert handling and Kath's dealing stress for canceling crits.

#2 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:41 PM

Disgruntled said:

Is it possible to get more than 1 stress token? At first it seems that obviously no, but a few special abilities leand themselves to it, and the rule book specifically says remove one stress token when you take a green maneuver.

Examples of specials that lend themselves to more than 1 stress token include Tycho's ignoring stress token for actions+push the limit or expert handling and Kath's dealing stress for canceling crits.

There are indeed some ways to gain multiple stress tokens, only one of which would be removed with each green maneuver.

#3 RogueLieutenant

RogueLieutenant

• Members
  • 324 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:25 AM

This has happened to me. I've gotten a stress token, then recieved a Crit that applied another one. It sucks but you can't get more than one. 

A question regarding that then, if you were playing with Soontir Fel, he would be able to get multiple focus tokens then right? You just can't get duplicate actions during your action step or am I mistaken? 

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

#4 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:23 AM

RogueLieutenant said:

A question regarding that then, if you were playing with Soontir Fel, he would be able to get multiple focus tokens then right? You just can't get duplicate actions during your action step or am I mistaken? 

You are correct.  You can only take 1 focus action during a round, but if there is another way to gain a focus token (such as Garven Dreis or Fel) then you can end up with (and spend) multiple focus tokens during the round.

#5 Kaxel Vofer

Kaxel Vofer

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:04 PM

I don't think that you can get more than one action of the same, even a free focus, I remember that I read that in the rules, greetings.

"That the reward for you, don´t be so high".

Kaxel Vofer.

#6 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:58 PM

Kaxel Vofer said:

I don't think that you can get more than one action of the same, even a free focus, I remember that I read that in the rules, greetings.

You cannot take the same action twice, even as a free action, true. However, if you are able to gain a focus token some way other than using a focus action (Garven for instance), you can spend as many focus tokens as you gain.

#7 Kaxel Vofer

Kaxel Vofer

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:19 PM

dbmeboy said:

Kaxel Vofer said:

You cannot take the same action twice, even as a free action, true. However, if you are able to gain a focus token some way other than using a focus action (Garven for instance), you can spend as many focus tokens as you gain.

That will be interested, please, What saids the moderators???, greetings.

Kaxel Vofer.

#8 radiskull

radiskull

• Members
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:33 PM

They have said exactly what dbmeboy said.  This is one of the questions in the FAQ.

#9 Kaxel Vofer

Kaxel Vofer

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:46 AM

radiskull said:

They have said exactly what dbmeboy said.  This is one of the questions in the FAQ.

Oh Yes the FAQ said that this is the reference, thanks, greetings.

Q: Can a ship have more than one focus or evade token assigned to it?

A: Yes. A ship cannot perform the focus or evade actions more than once during a round, but a game effect (such as Garven Dreis’ pilot ability) may assign additional tokens to a ship.

Kaxel Vofer.

#10 mrgoodtrips

mrgoodtrips

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:21 AM

yes if you take tycho celchu in an a wing with the push the limit card you can end up with a lot of stress tokens, my record is 6 in one game.

• CrookedWookie likes this

c

#11 Kaxel Vofer

Kaxel Vofer

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:53 PM

mrgoodtrips said:

yes if you take tycho celchu in an a wing with the push the limit card you can end up with a lot of stress tokens, my record is 6 in one game.

Really 6 Wow, and you could remove all, or you finish the game with this???, greetings.

Kaxel Vofer.

#12 Buhallin

Buhallin

• Members
  • 2,892 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:07 PM

Kaxel Vofer said:

Really 6 Wow, and you could remove all, or you finish the game with this???, greetings.

Each green maneuver removes a single stress.  So the odds of you cleaning them off is pretty small.

But Tycho doesn't care, that's the whole point :)

#13 Kaxel Vofer

Kaxel Vofer

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:53 PM

Buhallin said:

Each green maneuver removes a single stress.  So the odds of you cleaning them off is pretty small.

But Tycho doesn't care, that's the whole point :)

The only problem will be that it can't perform a red Maneuver, but I think it will be overpass, greetings.

Kaxel Vofer.

#14 DavidWa

DavidWa

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:54 PM

This needs a FAQ soon. Due to I can't see where it says you can get more than one. And I see why you should.

#15 Emrico

Emrico

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:56 PM

DavidWa said:

This needs a FAQ soon. Due to I can't see where it says you can get more than one. And I see why you should.

Pg 17

"While a ship has at least one stress token, it cannot execute red maneuvers or perform any actions (even free actions)."

The "at least one" makes it quite clear that ships may have more than one Stress token. There are several ways in the game to gain more than one Stress token, this would have been explicitly noted as not allowed if it were capped at 1. This really doesn't need an FAQ.

Jim

Rebels: 3 YT-1300s, 6 X-Wings, 6 Y-Wings, 6 A-Wings, 6 B-Wings, 4 HWK-290s,10 Z-95s, 3 E-Wings, 2 GR-75s, 1 CR-90
Imperials: 8 TIEs, 4 TIE Adv, 12 TIE Interceptors, 3 Firesprays, 6 TIE Bombers, 5 Lambdas, 3 TIE Defenders, 4 Phantoms

#16 rym

rym

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 05:24 PM

Perhaps someone can help me to understand this a bit better.

What's the point to racking up all the stress tokens if they have no (in this case apparently) negative consequences to being put on a unit?

For example, my friend ran Tycho with Push the Limit and racked up several Stress Tokens. Is there not a downside at all to having multiple Stress Tokens on a ship other than not being able to execute Red manuevers? If that's the case, seems like Tycho and Push the Limit should always be in your army.

I've only played a few times now, so be gentle in the rebuffs my friends. ;)

#17 Buhallin

Buhallin

• Members
  • 2,892 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 06:26 PM

You actually point out the reason for tracking it - other than not being able to execute Red maneuvers.  Even then, I'll frequently just tell an opponent "I'm just going to assume Tycho can't do reds for the rest of the game, and stop tracking it."

As for that making Tycho an auto-include...  Meh.  He's still an A-wing, which tends to be undergunned compared to other ships.  Tycho can do some impressive things, but for his 30 points, there are plenty of other impressive options for the Rebels.

#18 CrookedWookie

CrookedWookie

• Members
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:25 PM

Six? Amateur. I had probably about 20 on Tycho one game. I just kept using PTL every turn and avoiding red maneuvers, and just kept stacking and stacking them. We ran out. =^D

#19 jetsetter

jetsetter

• Members
  • 627 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:05 PM

Most I ever had on tycho was 12.

#20 KineticOperator

KineticOperator

• Members
  • 782 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:17 PM

I was playing a friend who was using Tycho and said at the beginning he was planning to set a new record.  First turn, Krassis went 4, Tycho went 5, and I one shotted him with my HLC.

I asked him if that was a new record.   :)

Edited by KineticOperator, 05 September 2013 - 09:17 PM.

• CrookedWookie likes this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS