I'm about to play a 50 pts game and this is my ships chose for it

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 lightofhand

lightofhand

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:57 AM

Hello I'm about to play a 50 pt game and its my first time been the rebel can people let me know what they think of my list.

red squadron pilot with r5-d8 or with r2-f2 not to sure what one to pick at the min.

26pt

gold squadron pilot with ion cannon turret and r2 astromech.

pt 24

what do you guys think? 

#2 Picasso

Picasso

• Members
  • 637 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:15 PM

Two red squadron X-wings with R2 astromech. 

#3 lightofhand

lightofhand

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:19 PM

I thought a Y-wing with ions would be useful?

#4 Picasso

Picasso

• Members
  • 637 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:21 PM

Could be. You have a falcon?  Cause two rookies with shield upgrades is awesome.

#5 a4rino

a4rino

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:26 PM

50 points is a really tough amount for a rebel player because it pretty much disqualifies you from using your unique pilots. If your opponent has enough ships to fill out a decent 60-65 point squad, you can really have a lot more flexibility with upgrades/uniques.

As for your 50 point squad, R2-F2 is a waste on Red Squadron Pilot. R2-F2 really only pays off if you have someone who can buff it with an additional action (e.g. you play R2-F2 on Biggs and then have Garven give him a used Focus token). Also, you shouldn't accumulate too many stress tokens with your Y-Wing because you've got the benefit of 360 degree firing arc. For 50 points, I might design the following squad:

Total Squad Points: 50

Pilot: "Dutch" Vander
Y-Wing (23)
Upgrades:

• Ion Cannon Turret (5)

Pilot: Rookie Pilot 1
X-Wing (21)
Upgrades:

• R2 Astromech (1)

The downside with this list is that your X-Wing will be firing late in the round. The Ion Cannon will have to attack first, so you may have trouble hitting if your opponent likes to play evades. Use target locks on Dutch every single turn and use the re-roll to maximize the chance of a hit. Don't be afraid to run red maneuvers with your Rookie because you'll have an R2 unit to pick up the slack. Don't ever use a red maneuver on Dutch -  just keep him flying near the Rookie because his facing doesn't matter.

#6 lightofhand

lightofhand

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:28 PM

I should be getting all the wave 2 ships this week if not next.

#7 lightofhand

lightofhand

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:34 PM

Ty for the info a4rino

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS