It takes a Thier..or My Runner deck for review

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Darkjawa

Darkjawa

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:04 AM

So here is my runner deck. Appreciate any input.

Gabriel Santiago

ICE BREAKERS

3 Crypsis

2 Aurora

2 Ninja

2 Peacock

2 Femme Fatale

2 Sneakdoor Beta

HARDWARE

1 Desperado

3 E3 Feedback Implants

3 Cortez Chip

3 Armitage Codebusting

3 Special Order

3 Infiltration

3 Sure Gamble

3 Diesel

3 Easy Mark

3 Forged Activation Orders

3 Iniside Job

3 Emergency Shutdown

#2 etherial

etherial

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:36 PM

I imagine you would get more input if you told us what you were commonly facing, what you were finding difficult to handle, or any particular tricks you think this deck has.

#3 Darkjawa

Darkjawa

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:03 PM

well right now its just myselft and two friends that have been playing. One of them wrecked me playing Jinteki. My mistake in those games was running on him with no cards in hand. Wont make that mistake again. I did beat my other friend who was playing a Wayland Corp deck.

#4 Evazorek

Evazorek

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:12 AM

I would refine your icebreaker picks. Keep sneakdoor beta and then pick 2 of each icebreaker type you like and drop the rest. You don't need crypsis really. I take 2 ninja, 2 corroder and 2 zu and then 1 femme fatale just in case something horrific comes up.

#5 Messenger

Messenger

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:48 AM

Cut your deck down to 45 cards. This'll make it leaner. It'll be easier to draw the cards you need that way. Even with Special Order, you want to have a better chance of drawing good cards than having to search for them. On that note, having 3 Special Orders will help thin the deck as you play.

Ditch the Crypses (plural for Crypsis?). You don't need it with what you have already. It's difficult and costly to use. Anyway, you've got 3 Special Order, so finding other 'breakers (or just drawing them assuming you slim your deck down to 45) won't be hard.

Replace all copies of  Armitage Codebustings with Compromised Employees. Useful, reliable, permanent but won't eat up clicks.

Drop your E3 Feedback Implants down to 2. With 3, you're likely to draw an extra while one is in hand or in use; the spare copy becomes useless. Similarly, you can choose to get your 'breakers from other factions (keep only Ninja and Femme Fatale) and not need the Implants to begin with.

No Account Siphon? Yeah, it's a risky card, but that's to balance what it does- and it can be crippling for the Corp.

Hope that helps.

#6 Tzeechel

Tzeechel

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:39 AM

First off , I am a huge fan of criminal. I play super-agressive and for that Criminal is the way to go.

First thing to remember with Criminal is "Run early and Run often"

With that in mind, run 3 desperado. It is worth the 2 dead card slots to get this installed early since your runs will start making you money.

Keeping with the theme, you should also run at least 2 account syphon [pefferably 3] and 3 compromised employees. You want your runs to pay you, so the corp will pay you to rez ice, and eat it through the nose when you siphon them leaving them too broke to rez big ice to road-block you.

Beside ninja and femme, your infaction breakers are horrible when you have the influence to go elsewhere. Invest in corroder, and yog/gordian blade with crypsis as a backup plan. I personally run 3x femme 2xcorroder 3xcrypsis and 0xyog because I ran out of influence.

If you make the above changes to your breakers then ditch the e3 implants, unless your group plays heavy on the bioriod side inwhich case 2 would be ok to keep.

Since Cyber-Exodus, if your group has started playing their high-trash-cost economy cards un-iced, then throw in some bank jobs. 

Also, as the others have stated, slim it to 45, it will help significantly

Hope this helps

-Josh

#7 Darkjawa

Darkjawa

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:35 AM

Ok gang, here is the latest version of my Gabriel deck

EVENTS

3 Diesel

3 Emergency Shutdown

3 Infiltration

3 Inside Job

3 Easy Mark

3 Special Order

3 Forged Activation Orders

RESOURCES

2 Artimous Codebusting

3 Comprimised Employee

2 Aesop's Pawn Shop

HARDWARE

2 Desperado

3 Cortez Chip

PROGRAMS

3 Sneakdoor Beta

2 Crypsis

2 Aurora

2 Ninja

2 Yog.0

#8 Messenger

Messenger

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:09 PM

Reduce Sneakdoor Beta down to 2 copies, remove Armitage Codebusting and put in 3 Sure Gamble. A Criminal deck works by speed, so you want a fast source of money even if limited. Similarly, you don't need Aesop's Pawnshop much or at all.

Also, you really, really, really don't need any Crypsis. It's just too costly and hard to use. Remove it completely.

Yog is a good card but all the Corp has to do to render it useless is drop a piece of ICE with higher strength than it- such as the popular Tollboth. You have 2 options:
a) Replace Yog with another decoder such as Zu.13 Key Master or Force of Nature.
b) Put in cards that strengthen Yog and/or weaken ICE, such as Ice Carver, The Friendly AI and/or The Personal Touch.

Lastly, replace Aurora with Battering Ram, Corroder or Snowball.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS