Beyond Wave 3

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 The Thing In The Attic

The Thing In The Attic

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:20 AM

Hi all, Just made my core set purchase, it's not come yet but I've watched loads of videos of reviews, unboxing sessions and game sessions on You Tube / BoardgameGeek. One thing I here a lot of is the speculation that Capital starships are going to be too big for the game [agreed] and that once the main movie ships [Tie Bombers and B-wings Lambda class shuttle]  have been done then who knows what will come next beside Episode 1-3 stuff.

Well, my theory is that the LucasFilm licience will encompass all of the material from the books, comics and video games. Generally Lucas retained all the rights to creative material created by other media sources.

take, for example, the Decipher Customisable Card Game: The had cards and images for loads of other starfighters which LucasFilm hold the rights to they include

The Outrider 

TIE Avenger

TIE Scout

TIE Defender

Z-95 Headhunter

Punishing One [Dengars Ship]

IG-2000 [IG-88's Ship]

Hounds Tooth [Bossk's Ship]

Mist Hunter [Zukuss's Ship]

Pulsar Skate [Terrik's ship]

Stinger

and Prince Xizors ship too

Jabba's space yatch

Not sure if I got all the names correct there but you get the picture, there are probably many many more from the video games and books.

Presumably they'll also bring out expansions based on missions/scenarios and unique pilots.

They could make a flat board expansion thats a small space station with turret guns on

#2 Viceroy Bolda

Viceroy Bolda

• Members
  • 738 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:03 AM

I look forward to expansions.  For example, I would like a rebel pilot card for the firespray and an imperial card for the yt1300 or something ambiguous like that.  There are examples of ships trading hands because I think Darklighter used a tie advanced in the expanded universe, and bounty hunters & mercenaries work for the highest bidder.

D&D used to have adventure sets you could buy.  FFG could make campaign style adventures.  Each battle could require a set amount of points per side, sometimes imbalanced or requiring specific characters/ships.  A victory could gain the winner a bonus number of points or some other reward for the next battle. I could connect this idea with my previous idea and say that ships could be captured and used in future missions in the campaign.  I think it would be viable to capture a ship if it was the last ship alive from that team and it was severely wounded, possibly with the help of an ion cannon.  Once a captured ship is destroyed, that bonus ship is permanently removed from that players arsenal until another is captured.  Capturing a ship should not be easy, as it could be a high point ship.  Once captured, I think it would be best if it had the lowest stats possible ie: academy pilot or rookie pilot because it would be a free bonus.  A free decked out ship + regular point forces might be a bit too much to overcome in the next game, or it might be a sweet reward to the victor.  

Bulldog

"What's 'e going to do?  Nibble my bum?"

#3 TechnoGolem

TechnoGolem

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:26 PM

I hope they plan to do a lot more with the game. I don't mind that the captial ships will probably get ignored, since they are too big, but I hope they go into the expanded universe. I'd love to see craft from the various eras of the SWU. I wouldn't mind getting an occassional reprint of a figure as long as it came with several new pilots. I would also love to see various scenario expansions that come with various objects/pilots/gear. My biggest hopes for the game is getting Dash Rendar and his Outrider. Getting Carth Onasi/Atton Rand with Ebon Hawk would also be amazing.

#4 COMPNOR

COMPNOR

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:00 PM

Dont forget the TIE Vanguard..greetings

#5 Duwin

Duwin

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:38 PM

I would love to see a snowspeeder,at-at and at-st.

#6 Viceroy Bolda

Viceroy Bolda

• Members
  • 738 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:24 PM

TechnoGolem,

Did you see this Howlrunner?  For friendly non-tournament games with friends you could use house rules.

http://www.shapeways.com/model/816894/1-270-i-7-howlrunner.html?li=productBox-search

Bulldog

"What's 'e going to do?  Nibble my bum?"

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS