Rogue Squadron Project

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Stryker359

Stryker359

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:54 AM

Hi guys! I know I've already posted a thread known as "Shadow Squadron", but I got bored with them and decided to do a repaint. I do intend to run a campaign using all twelve X-Wings, but here are the first four (incidentally the four I already had :P)

SPOILER ALERT!:
If you haven't got to X-Wing: The Bacta War yet, turn back now!

Rogue Leader - Wedge

Rogue Five - Gavin

Rogue Seven - Tycho

Rogue Nine - Corran

They're still WIP, I need to neaten up the trim on Corran's X-Wing and the checks on Wedge's may need to be smaller, but I have to dig my magnifier from the loft before I do that!

Any and all comments are appreciated, thank you!

#2 Picasso

Picasso

• Members
  • 637 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:59 AM

Try a sharpie paint pen.  They come in different tips and work amazing.  Less time cleaner results. 

#3 Kaxel Vofer

Kaxel Vofer

• Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:04 PM

Wow; really amazing, Did you plan to paint the allk Squadron???, it's a good project, I want to see finished, please keep us updated about new ships, greettings.

"That the reward for you, don´t be so high".

Kaxel Vofer.

#4 Stryker359

Stryker359

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:09 AM

Yes, I'll be doing all twelve, a handful of Tal'dira's Chir'darki (count as TIE Interceptors) and the three Gand Bombers as and when cash and model availability allows.

• Rambler likes this

#5 LedZep

LedZep

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:55 AM

Stryker359 said:

Hi guys! I know I've already posted a thread known as "Shadow Squadron", but I got bored with them and decided to do a repaint. I do intend to run a campaign using all twelve X-Wings, but here are the first four (incidentally the four I already had :P)

SPOILER ALERT!:
If you haven't got to X-Wing: The Bacta War yet, turn back now!

Rogue Leader - Wedge

Rogue Five - Gavin

Rogue Seven - Tycho

Rogue Nine - Corran

They're still WIP, I need to neaten up the trim on Corran's X-Wing and the checks on Wedge's may need to be smaller, but I have to dig my magnifier from the loft before I do that!

Any and all comments are appreciated, thank you!

where do you get the reference pictures? I want to make rogue squadron from the actual comic…but they change colors and I cant find more.

#6 Kaxel Vofer

Kaxel Vofer

• Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:45 PM

Stryker359 said:

Yes, I'll be doing all twelve, a handful of Tal'dira's Chir'darki (count as TIE Interceptors) and the three Gand Bombers as and when cash and model availability allows.

Wow, Good luck with the project, and plase put the pictures, It's really awesome your job, congratulations, greettings.

Kaxel Vofer.

#7 Stryker359

Stryker359

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:09 AM

I got another three last night, am deciding who to do next.  :)

Just five more to go, when my LGS gets some in stock!

#8 Stryker359

Stryker359

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:14 AM

LedZep said:

where do you get the reference pictures? I want to make rogue squadron from the actual comic…but they change colors and I cant find more.

In the comics, the Rogue Squadron pilots fly generic X-Wings, the only real difference between them is the Squadron Markings (red dashes indicating number behind the trim on the S-Foils).

#9 LedZep

LedZep

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:58 AM

Stryker359 said:

LedZep said:

In the comics, the Rogue Squadron pilots fly generic X-Wings, the only real difference between them is the Squadron Markings (red dashes indicating number behind the trim on the S-Foils).

Some of them have unique markings. Wedge is one of the few who blows their x wing a lot. They have yellow markings, red markings, the roque number and other tiny stuff. Loving the paintjobs here.

#10 Stryker359

Stryker359

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:52 AM

PM me your email address and I'll send you my reference images.

#11 Stryker359

Stryker359

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:24 PM

Quick update guys, three more X-Wings! Only five to go!

Rogue Two - Asyr

Rogue Five (Gavin is Three) - Rhysati (needs neatening up!)

Rogue Six - Inyri

#12 Kaxel Vofer

Kaxel Vofer

• Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:11 PM

Wow, wonderful too, it's an amazing project, you have now seven ships, good luck, greettings.

Kaxel Vofer.

#13 Aridia 97th

Aridia 97th

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:14 PM

Those are incredible!  What a great series of books.  I was just thinking that a great expansion set would be to give us pilot cards for a group like Rogue Squadron.  Wraith Squadron would be a fun mix too.

#14 Stryker359

Stryker359

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:11 AM

As this is for a campaign I'm writing, there will be Rogue Squadron pilot cards (all unique), as well as cards for former-Imperial pilots and THDC pilots :)

#15 Stryker359

Stryker359

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:04 AM

And I'm done! All eleven X-Wings complete!

Rogue Four - Riv

Rogue Eight - Nawara

Rogue Ten - Ooryl

Rogue Twelve - Aril

I know they aren't perfect, and they aren't the best paintjobs on the internet, but they were fun to do, and I'm really happy with how they come out. They're going to look AWESOME all together, I can tell! :D

#16 jetsetter

jetsetter

• Members
  • 627 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:41 AM

Squadron group pic!

#17 -Istaril

-Istaril

• Members
  • 786 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:58 AM

I really want to see Ooryl's under UV light.

#18 Stryker359

Stryker359

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:32 AM

And to finish this project off, some group shots! Big thanks to everyone who's viewed these posts, offered advice and critique, and generally been awesome!

One Flight - Wedge, Asyr, Gavin, Riv:

Two Flight - Rhysati, Inyri, Tycho, Nawara:

Three Flight - Corran, Ooryl, Aril:

Rogue Squadron:

#19 Kaxel Vofer

Kaxel Vofer

• Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:31 PM

This the complete project???, It's awewsome, again congratulations, greettings.

Kaxel Vofer.

#20 Viceroy Bolda

Viceroy Bolda

• Members
  • 846 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:06 PM

Excellent work.  I hope that there is a Rogue Squadron expansion deck from FFG later on.  

Bulldog

"What's 'e going to do?  Nibble my bum?"

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS