General question-clarifications by new player

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Constantius

Constantius

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:05 PM

Hello, as a new player i would like some clarifications to make sure that play this wonderfull game correctly.

1) So far i have played AGOT 1v1 so i understand that  many of the plot cards in the core set are best played in a multi player game.

However if a plot card in a 1v1 game states "choose an opponent player…." is it mandatory to choose the other player and resolve the card even if the outcome is against me? (To be specific the plot card "Condemned by the Realm" in a 1v1 game would result to have one of my characters killed)

2) During a military challenge, lets say i lose the challenge and the opponent's claim value is 2.  As I understand it i would have to choose 2 different characters and kill them unless i can save them.  If someone would choose one character that can be saved twice that would be wrong, as the claim of the opponent is for the number of characters and not for the number of "deaths"  am i right? 

3)During the marshalling phase is it possible to kneel more than one location cards (or any card) that lower the cost of the next character played?

For example kneeling Godswood and House Tully recruiter would that means that can lower the cost of the next character by a total 2+1 gold?

Thank you in advance 

#2 Khudzlin

Khudzlin

• Members
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:14 AM

Constantius said:

Hello, as a new player i would like some clarifications to make sure that play this wonderfull game correctly.

1) So far i have played AGOT 1v1 so i understand that  many of the plot cards in the core set are best played in a multi player game.

However if a plot card in a 1v1 game states "choose an opponent player…." is it mandatory to choose the other player and resolve the card even if the outcome is against me? (To be specific the plot card "Condemned by the Realm" in a 1v1 game would result to have one of my characters killed)

2) During a military challenge, lets say i lose the challenge and the opponent's claim value is 2.  As I understand it i would have to choose 2 different characters and kill them unless i can save them.  If someone would choose one character that can be saved twice that would be wrong, as the claim of the opponent is for the number of characters and not for the number of "deaths"  am i right? 

3)During the marshalling phase is it possible to kneel more than one location cards (or any card) that lower the cost of the next character played?

For example kneeling Godswood and House Tully recruiter would that means that can lower the cost of the next character by a total 2+1 gold?

Thank you in advance 

1. Yes. With condemned by the Realm, you would have to choose your only opponent and he would have to choose a character you control.
  2. Yes, you have to choose a number of distinct characters, regardless of whether you can save them. If you don't have that many choosable characters, no one gets an extra "death".
  3. Yes, you can stack reducers. Keep in mind each of them is an action, so each opponent gets an opportunity to take an action after each of them.

#3 Constantius

Constantius

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:34 AM

Thank you for the quick response!

#4 Khudzlin

Khudzlin

• Members
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:18 PM

You're welcome complice

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS