Photo

About critical damage (question from a noob GM)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kumachan

kumachan

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:50 PM

Hello, me again and i v got an easy question ( i m noob gm sorry :) )

If a player is hit bit a rightnous furry he have to roll et 1D5 on critical hit.

If a player have lost all his wound point he take one or more critical damage per hit (it s what the rule said)

My question, for this case : how i know how many critical damage he received ? and wich one ? i read it staks?

please could you answer with an sample ?

a PC lost all his wound point and then he is hit and cannot manage to dodge the attack, the damage are more than is armor+TB, so he is supposed to be arm, he must now have "one or more critical damage" (it s what say the rules book)

what appen now ?

Role die ? wich one ? doest it stack if he have already ? how it stack ?

I think it s easy question for veteran GM but i found nothing in the rule book…

thanks for your help

PS : i think the rightnous furry is a great idea ! it had more danger to PC ! and could faster the combat against npc

#2 whoseyes

whoseyes

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:48 AM

After a character has no more wounds, he starts getting Chritical Damage. Count critical damage as a kind of "negative wounds".

So if you start with 10 wounds and you recieve 5 points of damage, you are down to 5 wounds.

If then you recieve 6 points of damage you are down to "-1 wounds"… this means that you have 0 wounds left and 1 Point of Critical Damage.

After that, if you recieved 3 more points of damage, you would be down to "-4 wounds". So you have 4 Points of Critical Damage.

And so on, until you die.

Critical Damage effects stack. So in the previous example, you would have the critical damage effect for having 1 point of critical damage (lets say they hit you in the head) AND the effect for having 4 points of critical damage (let say they hit you in the leg).

Righteous fury is cool, but it can be deadly if you use it against your PCs. I would only allow an enemy delivering righteous fury in "final boss" battles. Combat is deadly enough for PCs without that rule!

#3 kumachan

kumachan

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:06 AM

ok, very clear answer.

Thanks a lot.

And thanks for the advice for rightnous fury.

Thanks for your time, have a nice day

#4 AtoMaki

AtoMaki

• Members
  • 703 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:12 AM

Righteous Fury doesn't stack with normal Critical Damage. It is a one-off Critical Damage what is compeltely separate from any other damage effects. So you roll a D5 on the specific Critical Damage table, apply the effects, then forget that you ever rolled on it (but not the effects of course :D).  

#5 kumachan

kumachan

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:46 AM

yes, this part was very crystal in the rule book.

and i think it s "logic" because if it stack, PC would die very easyly.

thanks for this complement answer

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS