Photo

Tired of reading and not understanding right. Couple of noob questions. Sorry…I dont understand right

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 LedZep

LedZep

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:50 PM

Hello! Sorry for asking about the same rules…but Wherever I look here or on the boardgamegeek forums I get different answers.

Questions:

-Ion cannon range:

1) Why does it says range 1-2? Then people ask about if the deffender gets a defense roll on range 3… 

So the weapon can be used on range 1-2 outside firing (360) arc and 3 inside your arc?

2) Confirmation on this: 

Y wing shoots at Vader. Gets 2 hits and vader gets 1 evade and one blank. Vader takes damage but since it has 2 shields, one of them absorbs damage. Ion token still takes effect and his next move will be 1 foraward.

3) Overlaping:

Example and question:  I move my ship foraward and I pass trough another ship, mine or enemies… (I end up far from but on the way I passed trough it)

I lose the action right?

4) Two ships fly for the kill. One in front of the other. One ship chooses 2 foraward and ends up going backwards because its gonna end on top of the other. That ship looses action and cant shoot that ship. The enemy chooses 1 foraward and the same thing happens with the action and attack. What happens on next movement turn? One of them just passes trough the other and looses the action?

5) Asteroid:

I move my ship and make a bank 2. The ship ends on top of asteroid. I then throw 1 attack and deal damage if any. 

a) If im on top of the asteroid and an enemie shoots at me…do I get +1 extra defense die because of the asteroid?

b)When I move on my next turn…do I get to roll another attack die and take damage because im passing trough the asteroid to get out?

Thanks in advance.

#2 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,330 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:59 PM

LedZep said:

Hello! Sorry for asking about the same rules…but Wherever I look here or on the boardgamegeek forums I get different answers.

Questions:

-Ion cannon range:

1) Why does it says range 1-2? Then people ask about if the deffender gets a defense roll on range 3… 

So the weapon can be used on range 1-2 outside firing (360) arc and 3 inside your arc?

2) Confirmation on this: 

Y wing shoots at Vader. Gets 2 hits and vader gets 1 evade and one blank. Vader takes damage but since it has 2 shields, one of them absorbs damage. Ion token still takes effect and his next move will be 1 foraward.

3) Overlaping:

Example and question:  I move my ship foraward and I pass trough another ship, mine or enemies… (I end up far from but on the way I passed trough it)

I lose the action right?

4) Two ships fly for the kill. One in front of the other. One ship chooses 2 foraward and ends up going backwards because its gonna end on top of the other. That ship looses action and cant shoot that ship. The enemy chooses 1 foraward and the same thing happens with the action and attack. What happens on next movement turn? One of them just passes trough the other and looses the action?

5) Asteroid:

I move my ship and make a bank 2. The ship ends on top of asteroid. I then throw 1 attack and deal damage if any. 

a) If im on top of the asteroid and an enemie shoots at me…do I get +1 extra defense die because of the asteroid?

b)When I move on my next turn…do I get to roll another attack die and take damage because im passing trough the asteroid to get out?

Thanks in advance.

1. I'm not sure what you're reading on BGG, but the Ion Cannon Turret has a range of 1-2 no matter where it is firing.  Perhaps people are talking about the Ion Cannon (non-turret) upgrade for the Slave I that has a range out to 3 but can only fire forward.  Either way, no extra attack or defense dice due to range on secondary weapons.

2. Sounds good.

3. You are only overlapping if you end the movement overlapping, so you would not lose an action in that case.  Note that the asteroid rules are the only thing that cares about whether or not the movement template overlapped anything, everything else is just where your ship itself ends up.

4. If I'm imagining the setup you're describing correctly, you have the first turn correct.  Assuming decently smart movement on the next turn both of them can make their moves and not lose any actions for reasons described in answer 3.

a. I think you would get the extra defense die if and only if the shortest line measuring to your ship passes over the asteroid (for instance, if you're only partially on they might have a clean shot).

b. Also depends on exactly where on the asteroid you are.  If the front of your ship is hanging off the asteroid, then your movement template will not overlap the asteroid and you won't risk damage.  If you're right in the middle, then the movement template will overlap and you'll have to roll again.

#3 LedZep

LedZep

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:26 PM

Glorious answer. Thank you! Now…how do I delete topics? My internet went out and now I see there are 2 topicsof the same kind.

#4 radiskull

radiskull

• Members
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:01 PM

I'd just report the other one to the moderator and they will take care of it.  I don't think there's a way to do it yourself.

#5 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,330 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:26 PM

LedZep said:

Glorious answer. Thank you! Now…how do I delete topics? My internet went out and now I see there are 2 topicsof the same kind.

As radiskull says, no way to do it yourself.  Don't worry too much about it though, these forums are known for being terrible and all of the regulars expect silly things like that to happen from time to time.

#6 LedZep

LedZep

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:38 PM

One more question. Ive read that when you hit one ship you cannot atack it. It has yet to happen to me…but Im watching a video of the kessel run and one ship moved in front of the other and they just announced that neither ship can hit eachother… Is that true? Because I can now see cheap tie fighter tactics trying to block other people just to survive…

#7 hothie

hothie

• Members
  • 914 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:47 PM

Page 10:

Step 1. Declare target

2nd paragraph "A ship cannot target a ship if their bases are touching."

When I started playing this game, we unknowingly broke tons of rules. Then after a second thorough read through of the Rulebook, many questions were answered. I would suggest you read through your Rulebook again. It should help with any confusion.

#8 dandirk

dandirk

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:35 AM

hothie said:

Page 10:

Step 1. Declare target

2nd paragraph "A ship cannot target a ship if their bases are touching."

When I started playing this game, we unknowingly broke tons of rules. Then after a second thorough read through of the Rulebook, many questions were answered. I would suggest you read through your Rulebook again. It should help with any confusion.

Just to clairify a bit more on Hothies good answer;  I think its easier to understand if you think of it like this: Ships that overlapped and still touching during the combat phase of that round cannot fire on each other.

Example:  If you move first and overlap a ship ahead of you; you lose the action.  They move second and you are no longer touching, both can fire on each other that round.

"Touching" is sort of confusing word to use because in the FAQ they basically say "touching" only occurs when ships overlap and you have to backtrack on the template.

Example:  You are following a ship… You go 2 forward, and overlap the ship(say they went forward 1 already)… back track along the template until ships are "touching"…  You can't fire on each other that round.  The next round both ships move 2 forward again, so bases are still touching since both used the exact same move but did not overlap.  Both can fire on each other that round because overlap did not occur in that round.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS