Jump to content



Photo

So...


  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 flervk

flervk

    Member

  • Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 10:39 PM

.. did anybody get it yet?

I'm collecting first-hand info, just to be sure

Is FFG version different in any way than those by other publisher?



#2 Tim Kelly

Tim Kelly

    Member

  • Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 12:23 AM

Not sure about differences between this and other versions.  I can tell you:  you REALLY get your money's worth of stuff in this box.

Lots of beautiful cards, beautiful board, and a terrific job on the rules.  I've had no problems/questions with any parts of the rules.   They read like the game will be really, really fun.  First game coming up this Tuesday! 

TK


"...I was born game, and I intend to go out that way." -- Rooster Cogburn


#3 flervk

flervk

    Member

  • Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 01:28 AM

Tim Kelly said:

Not sure about differences between this and other versions.  I can tell you:  you REALLY get your money's worth of stuff in this box.

Lots of beautiful cards, beautiful board, and a terrific job on the rules.  I've had no problems/questions with any parts of the rules.   They read like the game will be really, really fun.  First game coming up this Tuesday! 

TK

 

very nice, very nice.

how about miniatures, what's the size?

I've been looking forward to paint them, so do I need very small or extra very small brush?

:)



#4 InfinityDoctor

InfinityDoctor

    Member

  • Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 10:24 AM

Yep, as discussed in the Play Reports thread, it was available here in the UK a couple of weeks ago, so I bought it when it was out.

Miniatures are roughly the same size as the ones in War Of The Ring, although Conan's figure is a little taller than the rest. The troop and emissary figures are different for each nation, but towers and forts are the same across the board.



#5 flervk

flervk

    Member

  • Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 10:35 AM

InfinityDoctor said:

Yep, as discussed in the Play Reports thread, it was available here in the UK a couple of weeks ago, so I bought it when it was out.

Miniatures are roughly the same size as the ones in War Of The Ring, although Conan's figure is a little taller than the rest. The troop and emissary figures are different for each nation, but towers and forts are the same across the board.

 

ouch! I was hoping they'll be somewhat bigger than WoTR.

it's pretty painful (at least for me) to paint them so small.

 



#6 Jakews

Jakews

    Member

  • Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 03:56 PM

I really like the size of the minis in this game. It took me forever to paint Descent. I find these ones paint a little faster. I still got a long way to go though. So far, I have 11 painted and they all look fantastic!



#7 YoshiPL

YoshiPL

    Member

  • Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 01:21 AM

The minis size is nice - Chaos in the Old Wolrd minis are too small imho - those here are "normal size" :)

But I sometimes do have problems with moving/placing larger armies in provinces that are quite small (central Hyboria).



#8 CanadianPittbull

CanadianPittbull

    Member

  • Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 06:30 AM

YoshiPL said:

The minis size is nice - Chaos in the Old Wolrd minis are too small imho - those here are "normal size" :)

But I sometimes do have problems with moving/placing larger armies in provinces that are quite small (central Hyboria).

 

Yes but you should be use to that ESPECIALLY if you have played Axis & Allies! LOL!






© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS