• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Melon-neko

Melon-neko

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:21 PM

Hi

So on Hidden chambers, assuming it is winter, does this cost reduction effect using the any phase actions on cards like Meera Reed or Guardian Wolf?

To me it reads that it would reduce fhe cost, but I can also see an argument against it…

Either way, is there an area in the rules or FaQ that would clarify? I couldn't find anything

Thanks~!

#2 thorin_81

thorin_81

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:52 PM

No, you can't reduce the cost of the triggered effect of Meera and/or Guardian Wolf with hidden chamber. Hidden chambers reduce the cost only to bring card out of the shadows and bringing cards out of the shadow is different from trigger Meera's (or G. Wolf) effect. 

With the same motivation, with City of Shadows agenda, you don't have to pay the additional gold to trigger meera's effect. 

#3 ktom

ktom

• Members
  • 7,524 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:51 AM

FAQ p.25:

"Can I use Hidden Chambers (City of Secrets F3) to reduce the cost of the triggered effect on Meera Reed (Tourney for the Hand F2) that brings her out of Shadows?

No. Hidden Chambers only reduces the cost to bring cards out of Shadows during a standard Shadows opportunity at the beginning of each phase. It cannot be used to reduce the cost of a triggered effect that brings a card out of Shadows."

#4 Melon-neko

Melon-neko

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:07 AM

thank you. Not sure how I missed that @_@

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS